Special Needs

How long did it take to get genetic testing results?

I am curious about how long we should expect to wait. 

TIA. 

Re: How long did it take to get genetic testing results?

• lboerslboers member
    are we talking amnio? i just had amnio 10 days ago and was told 2-3 weeks for chromosome testing (regular amnio stuff like down's) and maybe a little longer for the extra disorder we are testing for because it's requires more growrh of the cells. good luck to you!
  • I would expect 2-6 weeks, depending on the testing you're having done and the lab.  We did a FISH test and had results in 2 weeks, but I've known people who waited longer for the same test results.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'd say at least 4 weeks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We got the preliminary results of the FISH in a week that confirmed Ds.  It took 3-4 weeks (?) to get the high-resolution results that analyzed the chromosomes and told us exactly how the Ds came to be.
  • ours will take about 6 weeks
  • Our clinical testing took 9 weeks.  We're still waiting for our research testing nearly 6 months later.  =/

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Dean had a methylation study and FISH, and we were told 3-4 weeks. It ended up being 3. 
  • Thanks, everyone. It's blood testing. I will give it a month before I call. The kind he had was microarray and karyotype testing. I am not sure if that is the same as what some of you mentioned. :(
  • It took like 12 weeks, we were sequencing the RET gene. Not sure what all that means, but I think that is all we did, no other chromosome counting or whatever all is normal in genetic testing.  

imageimage
    Max 4-08-08 and Michael 2-03-91 (19 years olds)
    image Both boys were born w/ hirschsprung's disease, you find yourself facing this dx, please feel free to ask me any questions.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"