TTC after 35

CBEFM users & WWYD

How much do you love your CBEFM?

We have a pending FET set for sept/oct and in the mean time DH does not want to chart, temp, etc...... RE gave me the ahead to try on our own between now and then. The issue is it will drive me crazy to not know where my cycle is (DH understands, but needs the break). I was debating about getting a CBEFM and just using that to track ovulation. How accurate do you users feel the CBEFM is? I typically have pretty reliable CM, but it can be a little screwy after a mc.

Don't want to be deceptive with DH, just trying to find a balance between his sanity and mine. Once I make my mind up I'll let him know my thoughts on it and he'll probably agree....TIA! 

1 ectopic 3 m/c's prior to 5/05 Un-freaking-explained IF 5/05 IVF, BFN 9/05 FET 3d5e, BFP = Beautiful Baby Girl (lucky pg #5) 8/08 Fet 3d5e, cp 12/08 IVF with PGD, transfer 3, BFN 5/09 FET transfer 4, BFN Hail Mary IUI with Follistim 9/11 BFP; 9/22 confirmed tubal/MTX 4/10 FET 3d5e, BFP!!!! m/c 5/26/10 1 year break and yet another m/c 5/11 FET #5 initial beat 121, second beta 7 Lap and removal of L tube and very mild endo 7/11 Suprise BFP 12/11 & m/c @ 8 wks. After 11 losses and one beautiful miracle our journey is over, we are thankful and at peace.

Re: CBEFM users & WWYD

• No experience w/the CBEFM, but what if you guys decide to just let you moniter, but you are NOT allowed to share info w/DH.  And in exchange, you are to do random sexy time w/DH that has nothing to do with your O date...just to keep him on his toes!

Good luck! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagecurlyhairedboys:

No experience w/the CBEFM, but what if you guys decide to just let you moniter, but you are NOT allowed to share info w/DH.  And in exchange, you are to do random sexy time w/DH that has nothing to do with your O date...just to keep him on his toes!

Good luck! 

That's pretty much what I have in mind, it's what we've done in the past. I'm pretty sure he'll be game, he's just tired of focusing on all of the fertility stuff and I don't blame him a bit, it's been a long 3 yrs. Thanks!!!

1 ectopic 3 m/c's prior to 5/05 Un-freaking-explained IF 5/05 IVF, BFN 9/05 FET 3d5e, BFP = Beautiful Baby Girl (lucky pg #5) 8/08 Fet 3d5e, cp 12/08 IVF with PGD, transfer 3, BFN 5/09 FET transfer 4, BFN Hail Mary IUI with Follistim 9/11 BFP; 9/22 confirmed tubal/MTX 4/10 FET 3d5e, BFP!!!! m/c 5/26/10 1 year break and yet another m/c 5/11 FET #5 initial beat 121, second beta 7 Lap and removal of L tube and very mild endo 7/11 Suprise BFP 12/11 & m/c @ 8 wks. After 11 losses and one beautiful miracle our journey is over, we are thankful and at peace.
  • Loading the player...
  • I used a borrowed one for a few months. Set it for me. It did not have me start testing til day 9 or something. So that did not work well with me. The next few cycles, instead of a high for 2 days and peak and all that, it went to peak one day and that was it. I  did not like it. Glad I did not buy it just borrow. I like the digital sticks so i can check a couple times a day. I have a short ovulation window. Good luck!!
  • Have it and love it.  I have been 'almost' ready to start inseminations on and off for three years and I have used it from a few months before I thought I would start.  

It will not be effective if you have a cycle longer than 35 days, and the first month you will use a lot of sticks, but I love not having to chart. 

• It didn't work any better for me than OPKs.  I would usually go straight from low to peak without any high days. So, it didn't give me any additional warning that an OPK would have given me.
  • I like my CBEFM but honestly I could have just saved the $ and just used Dollar Tree ovulation tests instead. 

What drives me crazy about my CBEFM is that several cycles it has gone straight from Low to Peak with no in-between High reading.  If I look at the test sticks after using them, I think the reading could have been High.  Also, the CBEFM always gives you an automatic Peak reading the day after the first one.

Though I must add that my O date is always around the same date in my cycle and I can always just about pinpoint it each time even without the CBEFM but with using Dollar Tree O tests.

• I bought one but never got to use it b/c the cycle I was planning on starting to use it, my dr started me on clomid.  The CBEFM literature states that it does not give accurate results for women using fertility-type meds.  But what I wanted to say was that when I was charting, similar to the pp, I didn't give DH ALL the info.......I'm sure he knew we were somewhere in the "O" ballpark, but I stopped giving him daily updates like "we have to do it when you get home b/c I'm O'ing"!  Now that we've moved on to IUI, there is no way for me to hide it b/c he goes with me the the RE and knows when I take my trigger and when he has to "contribute"! 

Anyway, just wanted to send some GL vibes for you.......you've been through so much!

• imagehollymichael:
    It didn't work any better for me than OPKs.  I would usually go straight from low to peak without any high days. So, it didn't give me any additional warning that an OPK would have given me.

This....and I think I only used it for maybe 4 months in between all the other stuff.  Should've just saved the $150....mabe I should try and sell it on ebay or something???  hhhmmm...now you got me thinking!

• I have no experience MAH sorry, but im sure i would give them a try, why not right!!  Sorry im not full of info but the other ladies are, take care and good luck!!!!  Its your body and we dont have to tell our DHs everything now do we????  I used preseed this cycle for 2 nites.....i didnt tell him, he doesnt really like it, i didnt use a whole lot......i just said when he asked.......im very turned on.......hehehehe
  • jcathjcath member
    I like mine for the exact reason that it doesn't make me crazy.  It uses FMU and you take the test and that's all you think about. I'm sure you DH wouldn't even notice.  I had three really good months using it - got consisent results.Last month didn't get a peak - but that could be that I didn't ovulate not machine error...or it could have been machine error.  Unfortunately for my IUI my Dr insists I test between noon and 4 p.m.  I can set my monitor to do that but honestly I can't tote it around the office so I'm going back to OPKs for this cycle.  I think people have had great luck selling theirs on ebay so check them out.  I got a pretty decent price on Amazon - like $197 for the monitor and 30 test sticks
  • I guess I'm in the minority here but I absolutely loved my CBEFM. I bought it when TTC our first, and the very first month I used it I got a BFP (ended in a natural mc unfortunately). My cycles were very regular though and I always got lows, highs and peaks no problem. You don't always get 2 peak days though so that's not a faulty machine, it's just the way it is.

I also felt the monitor took out the guesswork, unlike an OPK. I always felt with the OPK, is the line dark enough for ovulation? and then when it was fading was wondering if it was still potentially too dark or wondering if ovulation had passed. and I hated running out to constantly buy those stupid sticks.

When TTC our 2nd, we tried 2 months on our own, no temping, charting, OPKs, nothing. then we did an IVF and it failed. I decided after that to dust off the ol' CBEFM and use it just because I had it and whammo - got prego that very month. Just had DD #2 about a month ago. :)

Best of luck with whatever you decide.

• I hope this works for you and you have a BFP with 9 months worth of sticky dust naturally before Sept.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"