Special Needs

We just came back from a road trip!

DH, DS, and myself recently returned from a road trip going to the other end of the U.S.

It was great.  It was tough traveling with the vent and I knew we would get slack from some of the nurses when we return.  All in all, I'm glad we did it.  I have to get out of this my-baby-lives-in-a-bubble mentality.

I just wanted to share.

Re: We just came back from a road trip!

• Yay! Good for you! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Good for you!  We don't even have a vent and I am apprehensive to go on a road trip.  We might try Yosemite this summer which is about 3 hours one way and probably an overnight stay.  Thanks for the encouragement!
  • Loading the player...
  • YAY! Way to go and get out there! You are very brave!

I was just going to post that my kiddo is starting to get out and about as well...but your road trip across the country definitely beats his trip to Costco or a restaurant! Ha!

Our immunologist just gave us the okay to get out of our "bubble" in May, so we have been getting out with him more often. It is so weird for us to be out as a family...but definitely good. I am home for the summer and I am looking forward to taking him for many walks and getting him out and about. We hope to get him off oxygen soon as well, which would make it even easier.

Thanks for the positive post and update! 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Welcome home and I'm glad you had a good time. Did you take lots of pics? Are ya gonna post them? Huh huh huh? I wanna see some cute vacay "we're having a blast" pics. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"