Military Families

one advantage of having a deployed husband

I've been lazy about tracking my spending, but just now finished catching up on the past 6 weeks.  My combined grocery/eating out spending has decreased 75% compared to when he was here.

Gotta always looks for the positive, right? Smile

Hilary
imageimage
imageimage
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: one advantage of having a deployed husband

• My DH isn't deployed, he's in training, but I know exactly what you mean!  I spend so much less without having to feed him, mostly because I'm too lazy to cook for myself, so I get stuff for really simple meals!

I've also really been slacking in the housework department, which has been nice, but now it's coming to bite me in the a$$ since I'm trying to get everything ready before this baby comes Indifferent

Oh and don't forget getting to pick whatever you want from Netflix!  

• My biggest advantage - CONTROL OF THE T.V. He hates reality, I love it.  So when he's gone I watch as much reality tv as possible.  :o)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagesophiab1:

LOL! I completely agree!

• Totally agree! My DH is TDY for two weeks (basically this entire pay period) and I have had so much fun buying stuff for myself and DD. I love being on my own schedule and not having to worry about the house being spotless and cook dinner by the time he gets home from work. I can live off cereal and snacks. DH, not so much. I miss him, don't get me wrong, but a break every now and again is a big plus of being military!
  • imagesarah2542:
    Totally agree! My DH is TDY for two weeks (basically this entire pay period) and I have had so much fun buying stuff for myself and DD. I love being on my own schedule and not having to worry about the house being spotless and cook dinner by the time he gets home from work. I can live off cereal and snacks. DH, not so much. I miss him, don't get me wrong, but a break every now and again is a big plus of being military!

This exactly! It helps knowing that DH is still stateside this time. So much less stress.

But I have also come to find that I take better care of the house while he is gone...I think because I am bored. 

• I know what you mean! Every deployment my spending goes WAY down! I always look for the positives too and saving money is a HUGE plus.
  • imageRoseTor:
    My biggest advantage - CONTROL OF THE T.V. He hates reality, I love it.  So when he's gone I watch as much reality tv as possible.  :o)

This!!! Plus I don't feel the need to shave my legs ;)

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Not to mention the separation pay and per diem!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageRoseTor:
    My biggest advantage - CONTROL OF THE T.V. He hates reality, I love it.  So when he's gone I watch as much reality tv as possible.  :o)
      Me too!!!!  Though I will say since being pregnany DH let's me have the TV remote a lot more often as well. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagesophiab1:

My DH isn't deployed, he's in training, but I know exactly what you mean!  I spend so much less without having to feed him, mostly because I'm too lazy to cook for myself, so I get stuff for really simple meals!

I've also really been slacking in the housework department, which has been nice, but now it's coming to bite me in the a$$ since I'm trying to get everything ready before this baby comes Indifferent

The only thing I have to add is that you get the whole bed to yourself to position all the pillows for maximum belly support!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"