Secondary IF
Options

xp--effing trigger. please talk me down

I'll start by saying my lining was super thin on cd11 so pg isn't too likely this cycle. I tested with an internet cheapie at 9dpo to see if the trigger was in my system and it was bfn. I tested in the middle of the day.

Today, like a dumbass_ I took a frer and the 2nd line came up instantly (with diluted afternoon urine). I realized it may be more sensitive so I managed to squeeze a little more pee for another internet cheapie and there is a faint 2nd line. Now I am wondering if maybe the last one at 9dpo wasn't a bfn (although I stared at it for 10 min.) I took an hcg booster last Thursday and am thinking maybe there is still some left. I know no one can tell me if my bfp is real or not but I am losing it a little.

Sorry for all the crazy. Wink

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: xp--effing trigger. please talk me down

• Options

i'm sorry for all the confusion. (((hugs)))

i just took my 1st trigger shot today and i'm already confused. maybe take another internet cheapie tomorrow morning? i'm not sure how many units were in your booster, but i've heard they decrease by half each day afterwards (10,000 first day, 5,000 second day, 2,500 third, etc) and that it takes 1 day for each thousand of unit?

i agree. effing trigger.

• Options
    Thanks. I took 5,000 on cd 13 and two 2,500 booster shots on cd16 and 18. I usually don't test at all because af comes pretty regularily but the crazy got the best of me this time. Wink I think the worst part is that I swear I got a bfn 2 days ago. I guess only time will tell.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had a false bfp b/c of my trigger and boosters during my ivf cycle. All I canday is step away from POAS! It will just make you crazy. Ask your RE when it would be out of your system or get a beta and don't think about it until then.
  • Options
    I've never heard of "booster" triggers - I'm interested in what the purpose is...if you've ovulated, then what can it "boost"?
  • Options

imagesommerrayne:
    I've never heard of "booster" triggers - I'm interested in what the purpose is...if you've ovulated, then what can it "boost"?

This is what I did for both pgs.  It boosts your LP by making your corpus luteum "think" you're pg (from the hCG) so that it will produce P4 on its own earlier.  My LP was still 8 days *on* P4 -- the only thing that's ever extended my LP was booster shots.  It's hard because you take it during your LP so it makes you get a +HPT later into your LP.  With DD and through Feb. I'd have a day of a *very* faint line (i.e. all but gone) before getting a potential legit BFP.  In March and April I pushed back the booster so the line never went away before getting a legit BFP.  This is why I was so unsure even at 13 dpo and 14 dpo in April -- I didn't feel good about it until 15 dpo and I wasn't allowed to get a beta until 16 dpo!  (With DD I wasn't allowed to get a beta until 14 dpo, but I took the booster earlier then *and* I was more confident since the 2nd line had all but disappeared by 11 dpo.)  You just have to get really good at testing out the booster and watching the line over the course of a multiple days, OR waiting until about 10 days after you take the booster to be 99% sure, LOL!

Pregnant with #1 with PCOS and LPD, success with mostly naturopathic treatments
    Our Thanksgiving Day baby 11/22/07

imageimageimage

Pregnant with #2 with LPD, uterine polyp/hysteroscopy, DOR (AMH = 0.17), 2 c/ps
    Our early Christmas present 12/9/10
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"