South Jersey Babies

When will it end!?

Today I am 12 weeks pregnant and the past 5 weeks have been an absolute nightmare.  I am sick all day long, and the slightest bad smell sends me running to the bathroom.  I've noticed it has been getting worse and I am hoping this is the big finale, so I can eat and feel human once again.  Please, someone tell me it's almost over!?
IAmPregnant Ticker 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
image image 

Re: When will it end!?

• Oh, you poor thing! That's my least favorite thing about early pg, and it hit me VERY hard with both of mine.  The good news is, most people kind of wrap up ms around the end of the 1st tri, and that's right about where you are.  I hope this fades quickly!  (Oh, and enjoy the rest of your 9 mos!)
  • Of all the women I know who have kids, only 1 had m/s past the beginning of the 2nd tri and it ended up she had a whole slew of other medical issues so she is really an outlier!!  You are right on the cusp of the fun that is the 2nd tri!  Hang in there, it really does get better!
  • Loading the player...
  • For some reason I had the WORST all day sickness with both pregnancies. I ended up in the ER several times for dehydration, I was admitted overnight for contractions @ 23 weeks because I couldn't stop puking and they were thisclose to putting me on bedrest w/a zofran pump!

I actually gave birth to my youngest weighing 10 lbs less than I did the day I found out I was pregnant!!! It was awful. BUT -- both of my girls are fine, I didn't have them early or anything, and both of my deliveries were super fast & easy -- which I assume is the reward for the completely horrid pregnancy!!!

Have you talked to your OB about it? If it lasts much longer I would ask about zofran. It didn't "cure" my sickness, but it did help a lot.

Good luck! 

• I figure if I made it this far along, I can tough it out without asking for drugs.  But if it persists beyond the first few weeks of my second trimester I may have to consider the option. 

Thanks for all the help!  It's good to have someone to talk to, because my boyfriend thinks I am crazy and its all in my head.  Sometimes I wish he were the pregnant one so he knew how it felt.  Wink

IAmPregnant Ticker 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image image 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"