Success after IF

problems with irritable uterus :(

it was really bad this afternoon...basically seemed like one big contraction from 3-5....wondering if it was in part due to my frustrations i was having at work .  He just needs to stay in there and keep cooking!!!  i'm getting worried :(  I however am kinda in between docs ....have an appt with new doc next friday..think i might see if i can bump it up to earlier in the week

don't remember if i asked...but did anyone here have this problem?

1 chemical and 1 loss at 9 weeks prior to DS
IVF #1 1/10-transfered 2 blasts- DS born 10/2010

Trying for # 2 since 2012.  2 failed FETS 1 failed IUI.
IUI#2 4/14/14-- BFP !!!!! Beta #1 14dpiui= 45 Beta #2 16dpiui= 80  Beta #3 18dpiui= 88 (chemical pregnancy)
March 2015- Chemical pg

1/25/16- BFP  Beta1 12dpo = 17, Beta 2 14 dpo = 28.. resulted in one beautiful boy born 9/21/16 :)

Now I'm a stay at home loving life and pursuing my love of photography!!!

Re: problems with irritable uterus :(

• I had one of those days today... All day long my entire belly was rock hard... Ow! I forget, have you had your cervix checked? Find thatnew doc asap!! ETA: oops!! I need to read better!! I see you have a new doc, sorry!! So to answer your question, it happens to me all the time. Extended BH. They suck and it's scary and uncomfortable (and is starting to outright HURT) but so far it hasn't done anything to my cervix. They check me every appt to be sure and often do fetal fibronectintests too. Hopefully yournew doc will keep a closer eye on you!!!
  • it was manually checked on the 9th, felt long thick and the external os was dilated to 1cm and internal was closed....havn't had it checked or with u/s since.  i did request my records to be transferred ....my boss has known this ob her whole life as they are old family friends....his website etc seems really nice as does the office staff i talked to....i have an appt set up for next friday but might try to bump it up as i can't hardly do regular life right now

IUI#2 4/14/14-- BFP !!!!! Beta #1 14dpiui= 45 Beta #2 16dpiui= 80  Beta #3 18dpiui= 88 (chemical pregnancy)
    March 2015- Chemical pg

1/25/16- BFP  Beta1 12dpo = 17, Beta 2 14 dpo = 28.. resulted in one beautiful boy born 9/21/16 :)

• Loading the player...
  • Ahh, that's right! Yeah, I would definitely call them tomorrow and see if you can get in sooner, especially given your outer dilation! Hugs!!!
  • I alternated between PTL and periods of just irritable uterus from 22w on.  I was on full time bedrest and was on meds until 36w.  My OB thought I'd probably just have had irritable uterus if I hadn't been carrying twins.  I agree, see if you can move up your appt with your new doc, and have them keep an eye on your CL! 
    After 20 months TTC with PCOS, we were blessed with twins!
    They arrived at 36 weeks after PTL and bedrest for 14 weeks. Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    imageimage
  • I had irritable uterus from about 20 weeks on. Seriously contracted all day most days. The good news is that my cervix never changed. My doc did have me go on light duty at work though to be safe. Hopefully this is the case for you too! Your little man has lots of baking to do! 
  • imageMrsNolan:
    I had irritable uterus from about 20 weeks on. Seriously contracted all day most days. The good news is that my cervix never changed. My doc did have me go on light duty at work though to be safe. Hopefully this is the case for you too! Your little man has lots of baking to do! 

Glad to hear you just had to do light duty!   I just sit at a desk all day so nothing strenuous which is good.  I just feel really bad not being able to help much around the house :(  I've heard all these horror stories of tons of meds and bedrest and I really hope it doesn't come to that.  Thank you :)

March 2015- Chemical pg

• i have one, but it is worse in the 1st and 2nd tris and stopped around 19wks where when my dogs barked my stomach hurt.

if it is that constant, they need to see you soon and give you something.  I would put myself to work from home if I could.  I do that and I have light duty where I work.

thinking of you and hoping it settles down.  you have had so many problems already. 

the contx sometimes can affect the cervix.  glad you have a new dr.  i hope they take you seriously...otherwise go to the ER...you are past 20wks so they will put you in L&D.

• I HAD SOME ISSUES WITH THIS. IT SEEMED TO GET BETTER LATER ON BUT ONE THING THAT SEEMED TO HELP WAS SIPPING ON GATORADE.  MY DOC RECOMMENDED THAT SINCE IT HAS ELECTROLYTES AND CAN HELP MUSCLES CONTRACTING AND CRAMPIMG. GOOD LUCK. IT's SCARY AND IT IS REALLY HARD AFTER HAVING LOSSES TO IGNORE THINGS THAT ARE SUPPOSED TO BE "NORMAL". 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"