New Orleans Babies

F/u to NS house cleaning

I tried Gail Stillwell Maids this Friday. They sent a woman named Michelle to my house. Y'all, I'm not even kidding when I tell you she was supposedly there for 3 hours and didn't TOUCH the living room or nursery. Probably the two most important rooms to me. I left her a list prioritizing things for each room. I guess she didn't understand b/c she did everything for the kitchen and bathrooms, even the items that I put (if you have time). So she did the wish list items, but completely didn't do two rooms. I called to complain and spoke with one rep. She said she is going to have the supervisor call me on Monday to figure out a solution. Oh! I also forgot to mention that she turned my A/c down to 60 and left it! So from 8:30 till about 6 my a/c ran non-stop. I was so angry and frustrated I almost cried. I was so looking forward to coming home to a nice clean house and not having to clean this weekend. Needless to say I spent a good portion of the day today cleaning. Sigh.........so I guess I am still on the search for a good housekeeper. My mom is supposed to ask a lady at her church who owns a cleaning company how much she would charge. I'll keep y'all posted on how the situation plays out with Gail Stillwell Maids, and also the recommendations from my mom's church.
imageimage

Re: F/u to NS house cleaning

• That is so frustrating!  Hope you find someone good soon!
  • When I was working more I kept trying to talk DH into letting me hire someone to come maybe twice a month - just to help me out.  But as much as I wanted it (he never did budge ha), this was something I was worried about.  I'm sorry she sucked.  I hope they offer a good solution!
  • Loading the player...
  • That is so surprising!  Based on their website they looked extremely professional.  Thanks for the heads up.  I'm still on the lookout myself so please update with what you come up with.  I'm so sorry you had a bad experience....
  • LSU628LSU628 member
    Emily, I agree! That's why I chose them. Maybe not all of their maids are as sub-par as the one they sent to my house.
    imageimage
  • LSU628LSU628 member
    Well, I spoke with the supervisor today. She is sending someone else out to my house on Wed free of charge. Too bad I all ready cleaned all weekend, but your house can never be too clean, right?
    imageimage
  • I live on the Westbank but a friend of mine just recently moved to the NS and we used the same cleaning lady.  Since my friend has moved to the NS our cleaning lady now drives to her bi-weekly to clean her house.  I highly recommend her.  I am sure she will be more than happy to pick up some more clients on the NS.  If you want her contact info just let me know.
  • imageLSU628:
    Well, I spoke with the supervisor today. She is sending someone else out to my house on Wed free of charge. Too bad I all ready cleaned all weekend, but your house can never be too clean, right?

Well that's good that they're willing to stand behind their service and make this right.  That's comforting.  I'd ask them if they could come NEXT week so you can really see what kind of job they do!!!  Do you think you'll stick with them if they redeem themselves on Wednesday?

• I am sorry to hear about your experience - I use an individual to clean my house every two weeks.  I live in North Covington and she lives pretty close to Abita.  If this one doesn't work out for you let me know and I can give you my ladies phone number.  She and my mom are personal friends so I know I can trust her!

Good Luck!

• LSU628LSU628 member
    imageLSU628:
    Do you think you'll stick with them if they redeem themselves on Wednesday?

We'll see. I have a girl from Heavenly Cleaning coming out to give me a quote. She charges $20 an hour and said it would probably take 3-4 hrs to clean my house. I'm also curious about the other ladies the pps have mentioned. I just want someone good, reliable, and not too expensive. Is that too much to ask!?

imageimage
  • *L* That made me laugh!!!   Please keep me updated.  Is it bad that I'm learning from YOUR experiences?  I promise I'll return the favor!

• imageSarahNPhil:

I am sorry to hear about your experience - I use an individual to clean my house every two weeks.  I live in North Covington and she lives pretty close to Abita.  If this one doesn't work out for you let me know and I can give you my ladies phone number.  She and my mom are personal friends so I know I can trust her!

Good Luck!

if you're willing to share her number can you pm me? we're still looking for someone as well.

-Clare
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • imageSarahNPhil:

I am sorry to hear about your experience - I use an individual to clean my house every two weeks.  I live in North Covington and she lives pretty close to Abita.  If this one doesn't work out for you let me know and I can give you my ladies phone number.  She and my mom are personal friends so I know I can trust her!

Good Luck!

if you're willing to share her number can you pm me? we're still looking for someone as well.

-Clare
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"