Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Do you get naked at the Chiropractor's office?

I realize this might be a stupid question.  I have my first ever chiro appt. today to deal with my back (thanks a lot LO) but I'm nervous.  Do you get naked to get adjusted?  I think probably not, but I certainly don't want to strip and scare the hell outa the guy!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Do you get naked at the Chiropractor's office?

• NO!  lol, and if you're told to then you should find a new office.
  • No way!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • If this is your first appointment, they will probably direct you to disrobe from the waist up and wear a gown so they can scan your back to see what they're dealing with.  They'll probably take xrays and usually don't adjust you without examining your specific films and such since they dont really know what you need.  Either way, they usually walk you through it!  Good luck!
  • Uh...no lol. They do your adjustment with your clothes on.
  • imagelrenae1647:
    If this is your first appointment, they will probably direct you to disrobe from the waist up and wear a gown so they can scan your back to see what they're dealing with.  They'll probably take xrays and usually don't adjust you without examining your specific films and such since they dont really know what you need.  Either way, they usually walk you through it!  Good luck!

Really??? At my first appoinment they did the x-rays with me fully dressed. I have never had to undress for anything.

• My DH is a chiropractor...never heard of any docs doing this.  Some practices have you wear a gown up top so they can scan your back.  But, that's about it.  GL! 
  • imagedswed0407:

imagelrenae1647:
    If this is your first appointment, they will probably direct you to disrobe from the waist up and wear a gown so they can scan your back to see what they're dealing with.  They'll probably take xrays and usually don't adjust you without examining your specific films and such since they dont really know what you need.  Either way, they usually walk you through it!  Good luck!

Really??? At my first appoinment they did the x-rays with me fully dressed. I have never had to undress for anything.

Yes, but only from the waist up and only at the exam and possibly the re-exam.  My DH is a chiro as well, and I don't think all offices utilize that thechnology.  For normal regular appointments, you get adjusted fully clothed!

• I have never undressed for an adjustment.  I'm on my 5th chiropractor (over 30 years and 5 cities) and I've only had one that had me undress for any reason and that was for the therapy not for the adjustments (I just took my shirt off and put on the open backed hospital gown)  Now, the fewer clothes you have on, the easier it is to adjust, so if I have on a blazer or a sweater over a shirt, I always take the top layer off.
  • imagedswed0407:

imagelrenae1647:

this is how our procedures go too.  We do two computer scans that require skin contact for the leads.  After that though, fully clothed. 

Some old school offices still adjust with the patient in a gown, but they are few and far between.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My brother is a chiro and the only reason anyone would need to disrobe would be for a massage by the therapist in his office.
  • imagealybookgirl:
    My brother is a chiro and the only reason anyone would need to disrobe would be for a massage by the therapist in his office.
    I took my shirt off for the massages I got there while pregnant.   It was wonderful to get a massage covered by insurance
    Me DOR amh .64 ng/mL  
    DH Brain Cancer
    BFP #1 12/11/08 DS born 8/23/09
    BFP#2 10/13/11 DC 11/4/11
    BFP#3 12/6/13 Lost 12/29/13
    Told IVF is the only option and have not found a clinic that will take me.

• Nope.  I will say that I looove my chiropractor!  I see him for sciatica that I developed during this second pregnancy and he is a miracle worker!  I hope yours is able to help you as much as mine helped me.
  • imagedswed0407:

imagelrenae1647:

This.  They are fully capable of taking x-rays with your clothing on.  You just need to remove any metal, since it'll show up on the scan.

• imagelrenae1647:

This.

• imageBlackvelvet:
    imagealybookgirl:
    My brother is a chiro and the only reason anyone would need to disrobe would be for a massage by the therapist in his office.
    I took my shirt off for the massages I got there while pregnant.   It was wonderful to get a massage covered by insurance

I got a massage every week during my pregnancy covered by insurance. It was great! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"