Boston Babies

BWH hospital tour question

Has anyone done the Brigham and Women's hospital tour (scheduled through Isis Maternity)?

I was admitted to BWH for preterm labor a month ago, so I have seen the check in area, stayed in both a labor room and a post-delivery room, and had a tour of the NICU. Is there anything else covered on the tour that would be worthwhile, or have I seen it all?

I will be just coming off bedrest (hopefully) and time and energy will be limited - just wondering if it is worth it for me. Thanks!

Blocked tubes due to ruptured appendix
IVF#1 Ectopic - tube removed; FET#1 CP; IVF#2 BFP!
Beta#1 13dpo 115; Beta#2 15dpo 248; Beta #3 20dpo 2215 U/S#1 6w1d HR 99; U/S#2 8w HR 165; U/S#3 10w HR 176 and moving all around!
Bedrest at 28 weeks due to preterm labor; released to modified bedrest at 34 weeks; released to full activity at 37 weeks
BabyNantucket born at 37 weeks 4 days 7lbs8oz 19in

Success is getting up just one more time than you fall down.

Re: BWH hospital tour question

• Hi! I was wondering the same. I am scheduled for this Sat but I was there Fri for contractions. Do you mind me asking what you are on bed rest for? i think I am headed there myself, :(
  • Hi Clery,

Oh I don't mind at all. I have been on bedrest since 28 weeks for preterm labor. I went to the dr for my 28 week appt and was 50% effaced and having contractions (I had no idea they were contractions - I had just gone on vacation and thought I was just walking around too much as my belly would feel tight and heavy by the end of the day). I was admitted to BWH for 3 days for meds and monitoring. They gave me steroid shots to mature the babys lungs and meds for the contractions and then I was sent home on bedrest. I see my Dr every week or two for reevaluation but so far she says everything seems stable and I may be off in another week if all continues to look good.

If you do end up on bedrest, know that it isn't that bad. I am shocked at fast the time has gone. There is also a group of women on the high risk board on bedrest for company : )

Let me know if any other questions : ) I'm happy to answer

Beta#1 13dpo 115; Beta#2 15dpo 248; Beta #3 20dpo 2215 U/S#1 6w1d HR 99; U/S#2 8w HR 165; U/S#3 10w HR 176 and moving all around!
    Bedrest at 28 weeks due to preterm labor; released to modified bedrest at 34 weeks; released to full activity at 37 weeks

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks, I'm glad all is going well now. I am having contractions too pretty much everytime I get up. I was 1/2 cm dilated but everything else looked good. It is just worrying and a bit uncomfortable to get so many close together when I am on my feet. I have app on Thursday so I should no more then. Good luck and thanks for sharing.
  • no problem - good luck!

• I didn't do the BWH tour b/c I delivered at St.E's but will say that I too (with my first and now this one) had many complications that I was in there enough. I ended up having a tour b/c it was part of the birthing class, but to me it was so useless b/c I had seen everything.

unless you have some questions or are anxious I'd pass on it. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"