Philadelphia Babies
Options

Jewish Mommies--Baby Girl Naming?

Hi ladies.  I am going to have a baby girl in September.  I live in Skippack, and I'm just wondering what anyone else did for their baby naming ceremony.  I would love names of anyone who led the ceremony.  Thanks for your help!

Re: Jewish Mommies--Baby Girl Naming?

• Options

I'm in Bucks County and we used Rabbi Howard Cove from a local Reconstructionist Synagogue.  We are interfaith - I am Catholic and DH is Jewish, so we had little options other than a Reconstructionist.

We had a beautiful little ceremony in our house. The Rabbi gave us several 'scripts' for ceremonies and we picked and chose from the selections.  If we have another child, we would use him again, he was great!

Let me know if you want further info.

• Options
    Hey, thank you so much! I would love his contact info.  We are interfaith as well, so I know what you mean about few options.  Thank you so much for your help.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

just as an FYI, we are also interfaith (I am catholic) and we did my son's bris at our home with a mohel and our rabbi (Joshua Kalev, from TBI)

There are choices! rabbi Kalev has been wonderful and is very welcoming to a non Jewish member of the synagogue. He knows I am still Catholic, he knows Ethan was not Jewish by birth, but he  still came to our home (with the cantor) to participate in the service. 

2vc9jsg.jpg

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

Congregation Kol Emet

1360 Oxford Valley Road

Yardley, PA 19067

Tel: 215 493-8522

Fax: 215 493-3444

Affiliation: Reconstructionist

Rabbis: Howard Cove and Susan Schein

That's his info - he really did a great job.  He brought my Catholicism into the ceremony and recognized that half the guests had no idea what was going on so he explained traditions and everything he was doing.  He made me, my daughter and my whole family feel comfortable.  We thought he made the whole day quite special.  Good luck!

• Options
    Hi - I am also a Catholic married to a Jewish man. We (I) am struggling with some things. If anyone is willing to chat, send me PM. Thanks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I sent you a PM - I can tell you what we are doing.  We are raising our children Catholic but teaching them about Judiasm and the customs and culture.

If you want to talk details, let me know - I am very comfortable with our choices and how we are raising the kids, and so is my husband.  I think we are finding a very happy medium.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"