Secondary IF

WAY TMI question about CD3 ultrasound....

So I just realized that I still have a RAGING period and I have my internal ultrasound tomorrow. It's not at my office, it's at some random ultrasound place (because the office is over an hour from my house and this one is 25 minutes).  They are just US techs there, not versed in infertility at all.  In fact, the guy that did my last one was asking me questions about how the doctor would know from what he wrote if my follicles were just cysts, etc.

Um, gross right??  What do I do???  Is this the norm?

Re: WAY TMI question about CD3 ultrasound....

• Personally, I'd be upset that my RE's office wasn't doing my u/s.  I'd want someone knowledgeable about what exactly to be looking for at a CD3 IF u/s.

I was still on my period pretty heavily at my CD3 u/s and the tech didn't care.  But this was at my RE's office and they are used to dealing with it. 

• imageMrsT1209:

Personally, I'd be upset that my RE's office wasn't doing my u/s.  I'd want someone knowledgeable about what exactly to be looking for at a CD3 IF u/s.

I was still on my period pretty heavily at my CD3 u/s and the tech didn't care.  But this was at my RE's office and they are used to dealing with it. 

Oh, they are perfectly willing to do my ultrasounds, I just choose to go to the ultrasound lab instead of driving for 3 hours (1.5 hours each way with no traffic).  This ultrasound place does a bunch of different ultrasounds (breast, leg, internal, etc).  They just send the measurements of my follicles to the office, then I go to the lab to get bloodwork and my office reviews it and calls me.  I get no results from the tech...........but I understand your point. But given that I have two kids at home and have to find someone to watch them every time I go in, this works best for me.  Now I get a sitter for 3 hours instead of 5.

• Loading the player...
  • I had an internal ultrasound on CD 2 or 3 once at the ER d/t a large cyst, and it was no big deal. They were very professional about it. 
  • I was nervous about my first CD3 US as well -- but I think they are used to it and I feel like an ultrasound even though not well versed in infertility should have done this US before and will be professional. My RE's office just put an extra pad down.

TTC #2 since June '08

~*DD 10.21.07*~

dx unexplained

IUI #1-4 BFN

IVF#1 June 2011 BFN

IVF#2 Dec 2011

Beta#1 12/21 : 812 Beta#2 12/23 : 1634

EDD 8/25

*PAIFW/SAIFW*

• I would think they at least know that it is a "base line" u/s and should be ready to expect this...................I know it's kind of a "gross" time of the month to be doing it but it's their job!  I hope AF has slowed down a little bit so as not to be so uncomfortable for you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"