Military Families
Options

Bottle to Sippy - Advice anyone?

Operation Sippy Cup commences today as W is becoming less and less fond of his bottles.  We tried formula in a sippy yesterday and he did well so we are going to transition him to full time sippy this week.  Any advice?  What helped you to make the transition to sippy easier on you and baby?  TIA!

Re: Bottle to Sippy - Advice anyone?

• Options

We started with this...

imageNUK by gerber, the little handle thing pops off so it feels more like baby is holding a bottle, the nipple is soft, but sippy shaped.

then we transitioned to:

Gerber NUK BPA Free 2Pk 2 Handle Cups - 6 oz - Girls (Colors/Styles Vary) - Nuk  - Babies"R"Uswhich has a harder nipple...

and now we use...

• Options

Is the first one similar to this?

Munchkin Mighty Grip Trainer Cup 2-Pack, 8 oz, Colors Vary

He won't drink out of the hard tipped ones, but maybe once we get him more used to only a sippy.  He also refuses to hold his bottles (because he's lazy, he CAN, he just won't) so the handles are a Godsend for us.  We also got him on of these:

Nuby 2 Handle Straw Cup, Colors May Vary, 8 Ounce

And he seems to like it.  He really loves to drink out of our straws at restaurants though, so I'm assuming it's similar to that for him.  Would you recommend continuing with the straw one or will that become a nuisance later on? 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

the major different between the first one you posted and the NUK is that the one you posted isn't as soft at the NUK. So, if the one you have works go for it! If not check out the NUK. It was a gift from the Lord above for us.

Kadee wouldn't take a bottle AT ALL from birth. I nursed her until I went back to work... and then I pumped. We finally found the NUK sippy and she loved it. It was the ONLY thing she would drink from - well except me of course.

• Options
    We used the first one you posted and after a few weeks it started to leak EVERYWHERE! Just wanted to throw that out there! It would soak DS and his clothes everytime he used it!
  • Options

momma is right.. they will leak on you. I washed mine by hand after a while and it kept the leaking at bay... also one your little one starts teething you'lll have to check it for little tooffer holes from them biting on it.

Good Luck!

• Options

We still can't find a type of sippy that doesn't leak. We've got:

Munchkin BPA Free Mighty Grip Trainer Cups 2 Pack - 8 oz. - Munchkin  - Babies"R"UsPlaytex 2 Pack The First Sipster Trainers Pack 7 oz. - Playtex  - Babies"R"Us

Nuby BPA Free Gripper Cup 2-Pack - 10 oz. - Red/Blue - Nuby  - Babies"R"UsNuby BPA Free 4-Pack Sippy Cups - 10 oz. - Boys - Luv N Care  - Babies"R"Us

2-Pack Playtex The Insulator 9 oz. Spill-Proof Cups - Boys - Playtex  - Babies"R"Us

The playtex ones have worked best for us so far, once we got him to actually take a hard spout, but now the little valves inside are leaking. I'm so ready for him to use a real cup, without spilling it of course! I've heard great things about Tommee Tippee

Tommee Tippee Explora Truly Spill Proof Water Bottle 1-Pack 12oz - 18m+ - Green Lid/Frog - Tommee Tippee  - Babies"R"UsWe're about to start using these, but they also have a learner sippy

Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature First Sips Weaning Cup - 4m+ - 5 oz. - Blue - Tommee Tippee  - Babies"R"Us

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"