LGBT Parenting

How was your weekend

Re: How was your weekend

• It was exhausting.  Saturday was Sprout's bday party and despite getting in from SC at midnight, I was up early getting everything ready.  Unfortunately the weather was not on my side and the rental company cancelled our bounce house and other rentals 30 minutes before the party started.  So we had a crazy 30 minutes changing the whole party around making new reservations, ect.  In the end it worked out, people enjoyed themselves, and Sprout was spoiled rotten - but it definitely wasnt the big fun kid party we had envisioned.  Thank GOODNESS we didn't tell Sprout any of the details of the party ahead of time so he didnt know what he was missing.  ah well, maybe next year.

Sunday morning we spent some time assembling the toys Sprout got for his bday then we had friends over for brunch.  They brought thier 5 week old baby who is just a bit bigger than Rosebud was when we got her and it was crazy to compare the two - i just cant believe much they grow in such a short time. In the afternoon we went to a party w/ some of DW's high school friends.  The kids were overtired, i hardly knew anyone, and we got lost on our way there so it was only 'eh. 

we need a weekend to recover from our weekend. count down to ptown is on (5 days!).

• We had a nice weekend.

We did some shopping, LMC had her first swimming lesson, we ran a bunch of errands, took the girls to an indoor play place and had dinner with my family.

CT-I'm glad Sprout was spoiled but I'm sorry about the last minute snafu. Maybe next year! :-)

• Loading the player...
  • imagectbride08:

we need a weekend to recover from our weekend.

This! 

Saturday was my grandfather's memorial service. He passed a month ago, but my gram was not up to being around a whole group of people at that point, so we waited a month for the memorial. It was really really nice. A sweet service, and everyone shared nice stories of Pop. It was 2.5 hours away from our place though, so the drive was long. 

Sunday, Gwen & I went to a babyshower for a childhood friend of mine. It was a lot of fun... but the drive, not so much. It was raining torrentially for part of the ride, and we hit so much traffic... then two lanes of the main highway by my place were flooded! It made our 1h 20min drive take 2.5 hours! Poor Gwen.  Sad

Take out all the driving though and it was a very nice weekend. Just busy and tiring. 

Maybe I don't have a heightened sense of smell, but I've never smelled any vagina on my pants. -- TSD

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Bloggity Blog - You know you want to...
  • SUPER busy! we got the desk installed in the office Friday evening with help from my sister, but it took a while.

Saturday we moved a bunch of stuff around, got both of our computers out of their old homes and into the new office, tore apart her old desk, moved things around and got the futon set up in her old office. Saturday evening we went to our friends' house to talk about their wedding invitations. I thought we were going to actually be helping to put them together, but really they just wanted to talk about an insert they want to put together and hang out so it was way more fun than I was thinking it would be!

Sunday we slept in a little, then spent pretty much the whole day working on things and cleaning. I got my new camera on Friday, but with everything going on I was only able to charge it and take one picture that day, and then took about a dozen more yesterday and that's it.

• Friday we went out for Mexican and watched Friday Night Lights. 

Saturday we took the kids to breakfast and then L went to do some work and I took the kids to the gym so we could all get our hair cut, the kids wanted to go to childcare since they had their awesome playground open, and we had lunch. Embarrassingly, I never went up to the work out area. After nap we headed downtown to the Pride parade. Holy moly it was hot. The kids were a huge hit! They were riding their scooters with signs that said, "2 moms+2 boys=Love) and we all had on matching tie-dyed t-shirts. I am looking for pics of them online since they must have had their pic taken 1001 times. We got home late and crashed.

Sunday I ran some errands while L worked outside and the kids played. Came home and made banana muffins and lemon squares while L did more yardwork (given the temps, I got the better deal.) L picked up our friend at the Metro and we hung out and grilled before I took him back to the Metro.

I am off of work today and L decided to play hookie. It has been so nice - we took the kids to school together, did a few errands, went walking in the mall, went to lunch and a non-kid friendly place, and are now each doing some work on our respective computers before going to pick up the kids.  It is like old times. :)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Friday: We took some bottles over to Ann's SIL.  We both got the same breast pump but I was handed down a TON of bottles form an aunt that fit the pump since it is the same brand she used and the SIL only has like 4. Then we got dinner on the way home at a fast food joint...so nutritous...

Saturday: We both worked. After work, I went to the grocery for the week then went home and did not much of anything.  I did cook dinner.  We were supposed to go to a co-worker's house for a birthday party and then over to another friend's house...Ann decided to go to the co-worker's alone so she had an excuse to leave early (ie I was at home) but she ended up having a few more than planned and I went to pick her up around midnight. While she was gone, I attempted to watch a movie I had been dying to see on tv...but the storm kept knocking our sattelite out...boo!

Sunday: We got to sleep in...yeah to our puppies!  I made breakfast and then we did a whole lot of nothing.  I ran to the store to get cocoa to make no bake cookies....then made some and cleaned the kitchen. I bathed the two small dogs in the kitchen sink...the larger ones (I say larger when really they are like 6 and 10 lbs...lol) require you to use the tub and get down on your knees...not happening at 34w preggo! Then we had hamburgers for dinner and looked up stuff online we still needed for the baby...we could have kicked ourselves for not looking earlier as there was a HUGE multi-family garage sale with a TON of baby stuff right around the block form our house! Then bed...

So not a very eventful weekend.  Next weekend is the Columbus Pride which our friends really want us to come to...but we both work.  It is also father's day, so we may end up with last minute plans for that...her family is notorious for calling us Friday with plans for Sunday.

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"