Colorado Babies
Options

Any Erie (surrounding area) mommies?

Hi there,

I live in Erie and am expecting my first in November! Wondering if there's anyone else in the area that's expecting as well? 

Re: Any Erie (surrounding area) mommies?

• Options

We are about to rent a house in Erie on July 1. I am already looking for community stuff to do with my new LO. The library has a newborn story time! I am due with our first in September and we are having a little girl (Madilyn Anne)! I am so excited to decorate her room in the new house!

Are you going to find out the gender?

Melissa

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm near the Brighton area, so it's not too far. DH and I are expecting our first baby in January!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Hello to you both!!! DH and I live in Vista Ridge.

We've been in CO for two years but know hardly anyone... I'm 28 and work full time, it's hard to meet new people.

We are planning on finding out if it's a girl or boy; Hopefully in four weeks!

• Options

I was so anxious to find out when I was at about 16 weeks. The 16 week chec-up is so boring, but at least you get to hear the heartbeat! That is always reassuring and exciting.

Do you have any names picked out yet?

Where are you delivering?

I am so excited to hear that there are other mommies-to-be in the Erie area. I think the neighborhood I'm moving to is called Country Meadows. Both my boyfriend and I work in Gunbarrel and so we needed a house to have more room for the LO and to be closer to work. We also both work full time. I'm 26.

How have you been dealing with the heat this week? Its killing me. I am about 26 weeks along and I feel like I am as big as I could possibly get, although I know thats not true. Its gonna be a long, hot summer. I have found that swimming cools me off and also gives me a break from the belly weight. The water kinda holds your belly up. :) You have to be really careful about sunburn though. I usually don't burn very easily and ended up looking like a lobster and smelling like a pickle because my friend told me to put vinegar on the burn, It worked but the smell made me gag and you can probably guess what happened after that. LOL

Melissa

• Options

Hi Melissa!

Sorry for the delay, I'm on the computer all day at work and the last thing I do when I get home is get back on it!

My 16-week check was boring! I did get to hear the hearbeat which is always reassuring. I did schedule my next ultrasound though to find out what we're having on 6/28! We are both so excited. We do have A single boy name, Zachary Brooks, and for a girl I think we're leaning towards Harper Elise or Avery Rose. What about you?!

I'll be delievering at Exempla Good Samaritan Medical Center, I go to The Women's Health Group over there. It's close, so that's nice!

I'm inside most of the day, so the heat has been alright. I've been waiting until 7:15/30ish to go for my runs so that it's cool enough. I think when I get bigger, I'm going to take up swimming and make it easier on my body. Plus, yes, it feels so good and I'm sure it relieves some of that baby weight!

This may sound funny, but have you heard of MeetUp.com? I joined an "Erie" group that's for married/commited twentie-somethings and have yet to go because I can be a little intimidated and shy. Maybe we should check it out together?

Hope you're having a good week and Happy Friday!

• Options

I wanted to deliver at Good Samaritan so bad. My OB is all the way in Thornton and I didn't want to switch OB's, so I have to deliver at North Suburban. Thats going to be a fun drive! Poor DH.

We had picked out Emerson Allen and Madilyn Anne. Sounds like its going to be Madilyn! I was so worried that our LO would be too wiggly at the 20 week ultrasound to tell the sex, but she spread wide eagle for us right at the end. I thought we were going to die laughing. The ultrasound pic is hilarious. Its just a pair of legs wide open with the goods out there for the world to see.

DH and I don't really know anyone either. We work together, which is cool because I am near him all day. He doesn't have to miss any of the fun kicking or anything and he will be here when "Its Time!". LOL

Have you felt any kicking yet? I went from little flutters to sharp kicks and now ninja chops. We can even see her move clear as day. My whole belly squishes around like something out of a horror flick.

Happy Monday!

Melissa

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"