Pittsburgh Babies

Good hospital in the Pittsburgh area...

I'm trying to choose between giving birth at Magee Women's Hospital or West Penn Forbes Regional Hospital in Monroeville.  I really hate to drive into Pittsburgh for Magee's because its a bit further for me and will take longer to get to when I go into labor.  Both hospitals seem to have similar services and nice rooms (Forbes has LDRP and Magee has LDR rooms) and good facilities.  I'm leaning toward Forbes. (I could also go for drs visits closer to home...in Natrona Heights)  Does anyone have any thoughts on Forbes or Magee?

Re: Good hospital in the Pittsburgh area...

• Hi, I live in Monroeville and delivered at Magee's. I was a little worried about the time that it would take to get there once I was in labor but I think it took a whole 15 minutes. The doctors from the OBGYN of Pittsburgh have an office in Monroeville too. Depends on if you already have your doctor or not.

Below is my review about Magee's from another post:

I delivered my baby at Magee's and had a great experience. The rooms are nice and comfortable and private, once your moved out of labor and delivery. The staff/nurses are very nice, patient and polite too. Their meals are surprisingly good.

I don't know what doctor you have but I went to OBGYN of Pittsburgh over in Oakland which is right by the hospital. Dr. Hazel delivered my baby girl.

My husband and I took classes there too which were very helpful and took a tour of the hospital. I would definitely recommend Magee's.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm not sure where you live, but since you mentioned Natrona Heights... I live in Leechburg, and delivered at Magee. I think it's a fabulous hospital and it doesn't really take that long to get to. (Let's be honest, when you're in labor 5 minutes in the car feels like a year... time kind of looses all meaning) We had a wonderful experience with our son 2 years ago and are looking forward to delivering our twins there in a few months.

There is also a Womancare office in Natrona, right by CCP Natrona that my cousin used and she loved the care she got from her doctors.

• Loading the player...
  • I delivered at Magee and didn't have a great experience.  With that said, I've heard worse stories from local women about their experience at Forbes.  Magee has a wonderful NICU unit, and I always think about the "what if" when deciding which hospital to go to.  Magee is also very good with High Risk pregnancy, if you're in that category.  GL with your decision. 

BTW, I use to drive from Mt. Washington to work in Monroeville and it took me max 25 min.  You should be fine if you're worried about getting there.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"