Ohio Babies
Options

Hospital question

edited July 2021 in Ohio Babies
Which hospital is better St. Ann's or Riverside and why? I am not from Columbus and I was wondering which is better....

Re: Hospital question

• Options
    Riverside just because I don't like the whole Mt. Carmel system
  • Options
    I used Riverside and had a great experience.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I've heard from both patients AND local nurses that Riverside is, and I'm quoting here, "a baby factory". Get the moms in and get the babies out, disregarding the experience or preferences of the mom/family.

St. Ann's seems to have a more natural ideology toward birth. Not to mention they have the highest security and the only top level NICU (god forbid any of us need it). 

• Options
    Thx... I have also heard good things about both hospitals but i too hate the whole Mt. Carmel system.....
  • Options
    I had a breast reduction at St. Ann's the the hospital stay was horrible.  I had my son at Mt. Carmal  East and  entire staff was wonderful and vety attentive.
  • Options

I'm expecting my 1st in January. Before my practitioner learned of my desire for a natural childbirth she recommended Riverside because the nurses are very hands on. When I told her about my birth wishes she told me to go to St. Ann's. She advised me that while the nurses at Riverside are awesome, they push the epidural. St. Ann's has a labor tub and they provide an enviroment that's more conducive to natural child birth. So really it just depends on what you want.

• Options

I am giving birth at Riverside in a few weeks.  My sister in law gave birth at Riverside a few months ago and she said they respected her desire for a natural birth.  She did have complications and changed her mind for an epidural.  She said they tried to follow her birth plan until her complications didn't allow it.  Riverside also has a level 3 NICU that is run by Nationwide Children's Hospital.  The security at Riverside is also top notch.  The babies have bracelets that match the parents that will deactivate the elevators if someone tries to move a baby onto one.  Also, visitors are not allowed to carry babies around in the hallway.  The only people that are authorized to transport babies are personnel who have a certain color badge (pink I think).  Tours are free, you could always take one at both and make the decision. 

• Options
    I wanted to deliver at St. Anns but my doctor's entire practice is pulling out of St. Anns due to contratual changes with the hospital that the doctors feel prevents them from practicing good medicine.  I will be delivering at Riverside.  That said, I have many friends who have delivered at Riverside and had no complaints.  We are taking a tour of Riverside on Monday.  That said, both are excellently rated hospitals.  St. Anns has better parking.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"