San Diego Babies

Heart/chest fluttering? Anyone?

Recently I've been feeling some flutters in my chest that catch my breath and make me cough.  It's not painful, just scary. I've been reading on other baby sites that a lot of women experience this during pregnancy, just wanted to know if anyone on here has similar experiences?  I have a mild heart problem that I see a cardiologist for, and I do have an appointment next Friday for a checkup, but that's a week away and I tend to be an "over" worrier.  Thanks for any input!

Re: Heart/chest fluttering? Anyone?

• Yikes, scary...  I didn't experience it while pregnant, nor have I experienced it since giving birth six months ago.  I have a heart murmur that wasn't noticed until I was an adult, though.  Just try to relax until next week's appointment!
  • I have the same symptoms but also had them before the pregnancy. I have been to several drs trying to figure out what causes mine since I also have pitting edema in one ankle (on and off for almost 3 yrs) to no avail. Weird thing is that my heart is racing right now although I am laying down?!? I have the flutter cough thing as well so would love to hear if you get any news. GL!
  • Loading the player...
  • I've had that here & there, like my heart is racing. Or palpitations. But my blood pressure is fine--at my last appt it was 96/64 so I guess it's just part of pregnancy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Then again, it can't hurt to ask your doctor either.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have felt that since the first trimester! I think it was my first pregnancy symptom. 

My BP is perfectly fine, someone told me it had to do with heartburn/acid reflux which i DOUBT (one of those "pregnancy experts" lol)... but it only happens once in awhile and everything has been very healthy.

I always forget to ask about this at the DR...  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have felt them too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Babywearing, cloth diapering, formula and breastmilk feeding, still can't believe I'm a mom, momma to my little man, two furbabies, and two angel babies.
  • I have felt them too. I've never had
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Babywearing, cloth diapering, formula and breastmilk feeding, still can't believe I'm a mom, momma to my little man, two furbabies, and two angel babies.
  • I have felt them too. I've never had any heart problems before. I would definitely talk to your dr about them. I hope its
  • I have felt them too. I've never had any heart problems before. I would definitely talk to your dr about them. I hope its nothing and everything
  • I have felt them too. I've never had any heart problems before. I would definitely talk to your dr about them. I hope its nothing and everything turns
  • I have felt them too. I've never had any heart problems before. I would definitely talk to your dr about them. I hope its nothing and everything turns out to
  • I have felt them too. I've never had any heart problems before. I would definitely talk to your dr about them. I hope its nothing and everything turns out to be
  • I have felt them too. I've never had any heart problems before. I would definitely talk to your dr about them. I hope its nothing and everything turns out to be just fine
  • I have felt them too. I've never had any heart problems before. I would definitely talk to your dr about them. I hope its nothing and everything turns out to be just fine. GL!
  • I have felt them too. I've never had any heart problems before. I would definitely talk to your dr about them. I hope its nothing and everything turns out to be just fine. GL!!!!
  • I've had this during the latter half of my pregnancy.  I've noticed I get it when I lay down at night.  To me it feels like the baby is pressing on my diaphragm which squishes everything and makes me able to feel my heart more.  If I prop myself up and take a few deep breaths it goes away.  My doc isn't worried about it and just asked me to watch to see if it becomes more frequent or if i feel faint.  Nothing yet, so I'm assuming it's just one of those weird side effects of pregnancy :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"