North Florida Babies
Options

The F.I.R.M.

I've been referred to Dr. Winslow. Anybody know anything about him or the Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine? From their website, they look pretty extreme, but I thought I'd give them a shot since that's who my OB works with.
My Blog

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
SAIF Always Welcome
Diagnosed with PCOS: 10/03, On BCP to "treat" until: 7/09
Provera to end Cycles 1-9 (anovulatory)
Cycle #4 & 5: Clomid 50 mg FAIL
RE Visit: 2000 mg Metformin
Cycle 6:Forced Break, looking for androgen secreting tumor
Cycle 7:Clomid CD 3-10, 12-17 FAIL
Cycle 8: Clomid CD 3-10, Bravelle CD 12-24 Hyperstimmed
New RE: Put on Byetta, lost 23 lbs
Cycle 9: Financial Break
Cycle 10: Femara CD 3-7, IUI CD 17 BFP on 2/14/11, m/c 3/7/11

Re: The F.I.R.M.

• Options

I just wated to say good luck! I don't have any info on FIRM. I go to JCRM (Jacksonville Center for Reproductive Medicine) and have had good experience so far.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm not familiar with it, but good luck!!
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am pregnant thanks to Dr. Winslow.  I hope you don't need IVF but if you do they have GREAT prices right now.  They are almost half what they were last year.  It is a large clinic but well worth it.  I did several IVF treatments and found them to be the best.  I went to a different clinic and that doctor really messed the cycle.  Not everyone likes Dr. Winslow, but I never had a problem with him.  He just isn't the warm fuzzy type.  He just wants to get you pregnant and he is all about that.  If you need more hand holding I would recommend Dr. Freeman at FIRM.  He is a little more personable but just as good.  Good Luck!
  • Options

imagemmeeccee:
    I am pregnant thanks to Dr. Winslow.  I hope you don't need IVF but if you do they have GREAT prices right now.  They are almost half what they were last year.  It is a large clinic but well worth it.  I did several IVF treatments and found them to be the best.  I went to a different clinic and that doctor really messed the cycle.  Not everyone likes Dr. Winslow, but I never had a problem with him.  He just isn't the warm fuzzy type.  He just wants to get you pregnant and he is all about that.  If you need more hand holding I would recommend Dr. Freeman at FIRM.  He is a little more personable but just as good.  Good Luck!

Thanks. This makes me feel a little better. Somehow, from his picture, I figured he was the all about business type. I'm ok with that, but I don't know that my DH will be Smile

My Blog

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    SAIF Always Welcome
    Diagnosed with PCOS: 10/03, On BCP to "treat" until: 7/09
    Provera to end Cycles 1-9 (anovulatory)
    Cycle #4 & 5: Clomid 50 mg FAIL
    RE Visit: 2000 mg Metformin
    Cycle 6:Forced Break, looking for androgen secreting tumor
    Cycle 7:Clomid CD 3-10, 12-17 FAIL
    Cycle 8: Clomid CD 3-10, Bravelle CD 12-24 Hyperstimmed
    New RE: Put on Byetta, lost 23 lbs
    Cycle 9: Financial Break
    Cycle 10: Femara CD 3-7, IUI CD 17 BFP on 2/14/11, m/c 3/7/11
  • Options
    I was also referred to Dr Winslow at the FIRM. I read reviews on him online and there was an earlier post on here about REs that made me go to JCRM instead. I absolutely love it there. Good luck to you!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm pregnant Thanks to Dr. Winslow.  I loved him.  He was very friendly and personable with me.  He always took the time to answer my questions and make sure i was satisfied before he left.  He is very much about business but to me he was wonderful.  I was happy with everyone i came across at FIRM..
  • Options
    I am a former Jax nesties (just moved) but I wanted to say that I saw Dr. Freeman and thought he was great. I also highly recommend FIRM! Good luck.
  • Options
    I just want to wish you the best of luck!
  • Options

We have seen Doctor Winslow for almost 2 years and love him!!  Today was my last day seeing him b/c I am being transferred to a regular OBGYN and I cried.  I asked him if I could go back each week to see him and he gently declined my request.  You will love him.  He isn't warm and fuzzy and super sentimental, but he knows when a girl needs a hug and he has given me plenty when I needed them!  I am sorry you even have to go through this but it will work out.  Here is my advice, don't talk to people who haven't been through it, they won't say the right thing and can't relate. 

You can email me with any questions :)
    Theresapatch1@yahoo.com

• Options
    imagetpatch:

Here is my advice, don't talk to people who haven't been through it, they won't say the right thing and can't relate. 

Great advice.  

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I just realized the date that you posted this, did you ever go?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"