Maryland Babies
Options

I just want to rave about my pediatrician for second

We had E's 18 month check up yesterday and went over all her stats, etc. all good - she's finally slimming down a bit, so she's not destined to be a 100 lb 4 y.o..  Doctor asked if I had any development/parenting concerns, etc. I said I just wanted to talk about discipline, behavior, etc.

I know there are 1001 books about it and I can post here or on the Bump boards about it, etc. but she just simplified thing and I love that.  Her advice for bad behavior was just to walk away when DD does something obnoxiious - like screeching/howling while eatign dinner.  Say "ouch" and walk away for a minute; if DD behaves someway I don't like - i.e. trying to climb on the baby gate at the top of stairs, just say no, hold her for one minute in time out - w/ no talking, no eye contact - after the minutes up, hugs and kisses, explain what she did wrong "no climbing on the gate" end of story.  I did both things last night and they were a smashing success. 

sometimes she kinda talks in circles and drives me batty but other times she's so direct and specific and works really well.  I'm sure I could get teh same thing out of a book, but it would also give me 1001 examples that may not be my example.

Re: I just want to rave about my pediatrician for second

• Options
    I'm glad it worked for you.  I'm sure in a few months I'll be asking you (with much frustration) about "that advice your pedi gave you when Ella was about 18 months old."  So keep it fresh in your memory for me.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    that's awesome. I dread dealing with discipline. I kind of want him to stay this innocent little baby that can do no wrong. haha.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    are you going to keep posting under this SN? Because I miss seeing pics of Ella!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'll see if I can fix it. . .
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"