Baby Showers

Hostess Gifts for Couples Shower

My BF and her husband and DH's BF and his wife are hosing a couples shower for us.  There will be 22 adults and 15 kids at the shower.  I know they are going to go overboard and since only 2 couples are hosting I know it's going to be $$$ for them. 

I'm not sure what to get for hostess/host gifts and how much to spend.  I know the girls are doing most of the work but the money is coming from the guys too.  Here's what I'm considering:

1.  $50 gc to their favorite restaurant and a bottle or 2 of wine per couple

2.  $75 or $100 gc to their favorite restaurant per couple

3.  $50 gc to restaurant and $50 gc to a spa or Anthro for girls per couple

Are gift cards too impersonal?  Any other suggestions? Help!

Re: Hostess Gifts for Couples Shower

• Great ideas! I especially like ideas 1 and 2.
  • I love the restaurant idea - an evening they can enjoy together, and someone else's treat!  (It also happens to be what we did for our good friends who hosted our shower - there was a newly opened restaurant that they wanted to try so it was easy to choose which one to get!)

• Loading the player...
  • Ok, good.  Thanks for the feedback!  I think we'll do a $75 restaurant gift card and a bottle of wine per couple.  I know both of their favorite restaurants so that's easy. 

Now I just have to pick them up today.  The shower is tomorrow... nothing like waiting until the last minute Smile.  I'm so excited for the shower!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"