Philadelphia Babies
Options

Anyone deliver at Lankenau recently?

My friends delivered there over the winter and they weren't allowed to have their older kids visit because of the flu.  Is that restriction still in place?

And a less serious question.  How is the food there?  I delivered at HUP the first time around and the food was pretty inedible.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Anyone deliver at Lankenau recently?

• Options

I do not have experience recently as DD was born there a year ago, but had a friend deliver there in October. THey had the flu restrictions in place, as did most hospitals . I work at CHOP and we were on a higher level of visitation too. Those precautions have been lifted almost everywhere I believe.  You could always call the maternity floor there and ask about visitation restrictions. I imagine if this coming fall/winter is bad with flu again they might go back to being more restrictive, but hopefully with the h1n1 vaccine more readily available and not so new and high demand, it might not be as bad of a flu season for that? who knows though.

As for the food, I found it totally fine, fairly good for hospital food. THere wasn't a tremendous amount of selection, and I ate the same thing for breakfast every day but It was decent.

• Options
    imagekatekirschner:

I do not have experience recently as DD was born there a year ago, but had a friend deliver there in October. THey had the flu restrictions in place, as did most hospitals . I work at CHOP and we were on a higher level of visitation too. Those precautions have been lifted almost everywhere I believe.  You could always call the maternity floor there and ask about visitation restrictions. I imagine if this coming fall/winter is bad with flu again they might go back to being more restrictive, but hopefully with the h1n1 vaccine more readily available and not so new and high demand, it might not be as bad of a flu season for that? who knows though.

As for the food, I found it totally fine, fairly good for hospital food. THere wasn't a tremendous amount of selection, and I ate the same thing for breakfast every day but It was decent.

I work at CHOP too :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I lived in the Antepartum unit at Lankenau for the month of April.  I then gave birth to my son on May 10 and spent 5 more days, and he is still residing there in the NICU since he came 2.5 months early.  I cannot say enough wonderful things about this place.  98 percent of the nurses were unbelievable.  Kids over the age of 1 and that have had chicken pox vaccinations are allowed in.  That may change over the winter though.  As for the food, I was pleasantly surprised with it!  You can actually write in things too- learned that after getting so sick of it by week 2 or 3.  My favorite breakfast item was the yogurt parfait!  The omelettes were really good and you can write in rye toast, etc...  Do not forget to write butter or jelly- not included automatically.  Pancakes and french toast good too.  I really liked the grilled chick sandwich- I would write in sauteed onions, provolone and honey mustard.  Pizza is pretty good too.  I probably tried just about every menu item while living there.  Write in multiple items in case you do not like something.  I would do fruit platter or fruit and cheese plate with every meal.  Baked mac and cheese is entree but i would do it as 2nd entree and my hubby would eat it.  Good cookies too.  If anyone has any specific questions, let me know.  I feel like a regular there,  Been there everyday since April 2.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Be sure to ask menu lady each morning what the panini of the day and soup are.  They were usually really good.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageiristony:
    I lived in the Antepartum unit at Lankenau for the month of April.  I then gave birth to my son on May 10 and spent 5 more days, and he is still residing there in the NICU since he came 2.5 months early.  I cannot say enough wonderful things about this place.  98 percent of the nurses were unbelievable.  Kids over the age of 1 and that have had chicken pox vaccinations are allowed in.  That may change over the winter though.  As for the food, I was pleasantly surprised with it!  You can actually write in things too- learned that after getting so sick of it by week 2 or 3.  My favorite breakfast item was the yogurt parfait!  The omelettes were really good and you can write in rye toast, etc...  Do not forget to write butter or jelly- not included automatically.  Pancakes and french toast good too.  I really liked the grilled chick sandwich- I would write in sauteed onions, provolone and honey mustard.  Pizza is pretty good too.  I probably tried just about every menu item while living there.  Write in multiple items in case you do not like something.  I would do fruit platter or fruit and cheese plate with every meal.  Baked mac and cheese is entree but i would do it as 2nd entree and my hubby would eat it.  Good cookies too.  If anyone has any specific questions, let me know.  I feel like a regular there,  Been there everyday since April 2.

Awesome info! Thanks. I'm new to Lankenau as well and hoping to not have a 6 day stay like my last delivery but good to know info. 

• Options
    imageJen&Len:
    imagekatekirschner:

where? I am on onco!
  • Options
    imagekatekirschner:
    imageJen&Len:
    imagekatekirschner:

where? I am on onco!

I'm a pharmacist.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"