Boston Babies

Telling clients I'm expecting

Hi again,

I need to tell my clients that I am pregnant.  I don't plan to quit and I have made preparations for late in the pregnancy and when the baby comes to have coverage for my customers.  Just trying to figure out how to do this and maintain my customers.  Any suggestions would be helpful.  Thank you

Re: Telling clients I'm expecting

• What kind of work do you do?  The way to tell clients would probably differ depending on the type of work/ type of client you have. Also, how long you anticipate being on maternity leave would be important to know in order to give you good advice.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • I didn't realize till now, that I failed to mention what I do for work.  I am a personal concierge.  I run event planning, housecleaning, petservices, errands, shopping, etc.  You name it and we do it.  I plan to be available for phone/emails but nothing physical for at least 8-10 wks after the delivery.  Or unless my dr tells me longer before or after the edd.  Thankfully, most of the errands, dogwalking, cleaning, etc is early morning and my husband is willing to handle things till I get back on my feet and whatnot.  I just haven't figured how to tell my customers that I am pregnant.  I guess I am nervous and don't want my customers to look elsewhere for services, when I have people to cover what I can't do for them.
  • Loading the player...
  • I am a public relations consultant and with my son (born in 2008), I told my clients 5 months before my due date that I was pregnant and sent them a detailed outline of how much time I was planning to take off, when, what my availability would be after I returned from my 6 week maternity leave, etc. It was a month by month plan covering the months leading up to and after my due date.  Everyone seemed very pleased and I lost no clients in the process.  I'm pregnant with baby #2 now and did the same with my current clients.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"