Postpartum Depression
Options

Not sure what to do...

I was on Lexapro for a while for PPD. DH is military and was deployed while DD was 3-10 months old. When he returned, I felt pretty good, talked to the doc, and got off the meds. 

Lately, DH and I have been at each other's throats...I feel like it's unusual for us. On top of that, he is leaving on orders again, this week. I already feel like I am not going to be able to handle it, just the way our relationship has been lately. But then I have guilt that this is the life of a military wife. Do I go to the doc and talk about being put back on the Lexapro for a while? I also have wondered recently if that is why I am so short with him lately... 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Not sure what to do...

• Options
    I would definitely talk to your Dr - but maybe instead of being put back on meds try talk therapy.  I know before DS was born, my DH and I needed that for a loss we suffered.  It helped us so much.  We only had to do a couple of sessions, but it really opened our eyes.  I even did a session by myself, because a lot of the issue was me thinking I needed to be able to handle everything myself and not rely on others.  I learned that I'm not superwoman, and that I can't do it myself.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagejaime5121:
    I would definitely talk to your Dr - but maybe instead of being put back on meds try talk therapy.  I know before DS was born, my DH and I needed that for a loss we suffered.  It helped us so much.  We only had to do a couple of sessions, but it really opened our eyes.  I even did a session by myself, because a lot of the issue was me thinking I needed to be able to handle everything myself and not rely on others.  I learned that I'm not superwoman, and that I can't do it myself.

This is great advice - good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"