Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Aquaphor and Maalox for diaper rash?

My son has had a diaper rash for 4 weeks now that the doctor said is caused by the force of his poops and because he uses the restroom so frequently (even though we change it right away).  I have tried using triple paste, boudreaux's butt paste, aquaphor and destin. The doctor prescribed Sylvedene and I can apply it 3-4 times a day, but in the middle of diaper changes I have been applying a mixture of triple paste and aquaphor.

I read online where people have used an Aquaphor and Maalox mix that worked well.    Has anyone used this mixture?  Did it work/not work?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Aquaphor and Maalox for diaper rash?

• Never heard of that one...worth a try though if it give the LO some relief.
  • Maalox or Mylanta, regular non-mint variety.  Both neutralize the acid on their bottom.  I did this for DS#1.  We laid him on a towel on the floor while he was sleeping.  It was the easiest way to make sure he wasn't going to get around without a diaper and have an accident (he was around 7 months old at the time).  Dr said to let it air dry on and to continue using the ointment as well.  Good luck.
  • Loading the player...
  • We mixed Maalox, Triple Paste and chlortrimazole (yeast infection med) and it worked great!  Good luck!
  • I don't know about mixing it with Maalox, but my BFF swears by aquaphor for diaper rashes
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Never used that.  But aquaphor is incredibly healing. I use it on my tattoos when they are new.

I use "Butt Paste" for diaper rash.  You can get it at Target & BRU.

• I use a layer of aquaphor followed by a layer of triple paste or desitin...I do it at every diaper change and she hasn't gotten another rash since I started doing that. I think the aquaphor makes it so nothing "sticks" and you don't have to as many wipes. I also rinsed the wipes out with water before using them when she had the rash.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"