Babies: 6 - 9 Months

my little boy loves to scratch surfaces!!!

he must love to texturize with his fingers but he loves to scratch sheets, pillow, boppy, clothes, arms, legs, etc.

anyone else have a baby that does this?

God Bless our sweet baby James. Our son, born 11/22/09. Unplanned, Emergency C-section image
"Wearing his BING CROSBY clothes and crooning...buuuh buuh buuuh" Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: my little boy loves to scratch surfaces!!!

• All the time!  He uses his index finger to feel everything!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Here! My DD does the exact same thing. It's so funny to watch her do it!
  • Loading the player...
  • yup DS scratches everything he touches. when he's tired he also likes to scratch the edge of the bottle while he's eating!

yesterday he found that he enjoys scratching the side of the playpen, i gotta say the sound makes my teeth hurt. lol

Me: 37
    DH: 36
    Married: 08-25-07
    DS: 11-20-09

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Name change alert: Formerly Lisswastaken

• Yep, he does it all the time!  He scratches his sheet when falling asleep.  I can hear it over the monitor.  He always scratches my clothes, too, and the furniture, walls, etc...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Do you have ceramic tile? Wait till he finds the grout- sounds like nails on a chalkboard!!
  • imagepiper09:
    Yep, he does it all the time!  He scratches his sheet when falling asleep.  I can hear it over the monitor.  He always scratches my clothes, too, and the furniture, walls, etc...

Ditto.  I can hear him scratching in the middle of the night while he's asleep!!

• YES!!!  DS has been doing this for about a week now....he wants to touch my face constantly while trying to drink a bottle.  And then wants to grab at my shirt and pants.  And then he will check out the chair and the pillows.  I think he is just figuring out that he can grab things and they each have a different feeling to it?!?!
  • YEP, everything...even our faces! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yes!  DD will lay in her pack n play and scratch the sides.  She does that to everything else too.
  • my son does this all the time!!!
    image 2011
  • My baby loves to scratch his belly.  Changing time, bath time, he starts clawing away at it....
  • DS is starting to scratch everything, it's so cute to watch him scratch and explore.

imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Totally! DH's theory is that he is an alien from another planet and the scratching is his way of testing materials here as alternate fuel sources so that when he returns to his home planet, he can tell his fellow aliens whether there is anything worth invading Earth for.
  • imageHannah317:
    Totally! DH's theory is that he is an alien from another planet and the scratching is his way of testing materials here as alternate fuel sources so that when he returns to his home planet, he can tell his fellow aliens whether there is anything worth invading Earth for.

Your DH is very creative, he should write children's stories!

Tegan scratches everything, touches everything, grabs for everything and LOVES my hair. I love seeing her explore her world, but I think I'll be happy when she finally understands the word, "No"

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • P does this all the time. When he's sleepy he starts scratching above his eyes and the back of his head. It cracks me up.
    Parker 12:09:09 Alyssa 5:31:12
  • ToraniTorani member
    Yup, and he often splits his thumbnail from all the scratching!
  • imagepiper09:
    Yep, he does it all the time!  He scratches his sheet when falling asleep.  I can hear it over the monitor.  He always scratches my clothes, too, and the furniture, walls, etc...

OMG this exactly... and he scratches his face when he's about to pass out if were holding him, if he's laying down in his crib he scratches his sheet.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"