Pregnant after 35

Anyone else really grumpy?

I have been so cranky and irritable for most of the second trimester so far.  At first I didn't really notice it, but now it has gotten so bad even I can tell when I'm being unreasonable.  My poor DH is scared to talk to me because I am always snapping.  I don't remember feeling like this with my first pregnancy, and DH says he doesn't either, but I honestly feel like I have zero patience for anything and the slightest little things just cause me to snap and snarl.  It's even getting bad at work as people can tell.  I'm usually a fairly cheerful person so I think it is more noticeable.

I don't suppose anyone has a suggestion for what to do about it?  I'm pretty sure it's a combo of hormones and work stress, don't think there is much that can be done about either (although finding a new job has crossed my mind more than once).

Here's hoping my DH remains patient!!

Eleanor Paige, born 3/27/08 Noah Christopher, born 10/2/10 Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Anyone else really grumpy?

• Currently I am grumpy because I am STILL waiting to get my tooth fixed, I am in ridiculous amounts of pain and can't sleep.  Luckily there was a cancellation and I can get in this Fri but that will be over 2 weeks since the tooth pain started!!!

I think I am also more irritable this time around.  I think because I am just so tired.  And with my first pregnancy, I could nap and relax all I want.  Now we have LO's to take care of so we don't have the luxury of resting as much, that alone is sure to make anyone a bit testy.

I have no advice for you other than to say you aren't alone and I am sure it will get better!!

• I have been pretty grumpy. I have found that If I eat piece of fruit or some other snack through out the day - it helps. Fortunately my hubby has gives me lots of space when I get home from work - which also helps:). I hope it gets better!
  • Loading the player...
  • YES!! Wink
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yes, I think it's because you are more stresed this time around (taking care of your daughter + working full-time).  I feel the same way. Looking for another job while pregnant is probably not such a great idea. Perhaps you can hire a babysitter and spend some time just relaxing.
  • I can relate and i'm also very aware of it so i try to keep myself in check.  I find myself not replying to my son or DH just because my initial response wasn't going to be nice!  LOL  unfortunately the dogs have gotten the brunt of my moods, they are used to be lap dogs and right now i don't want anyone much less any dog near me or on my lap.  they just keep looking expectantly at me waiting for the old me to return.  The only days i seem to be in a good jovial mood are days that i have a dr. appt or us and find out everything is ok!  Stick out tongue
  • imageBeaker38:

I think I am also more irritable this time around.  I think because I am just so tired.  And with my first pregnancy, I could nap and relax all I want.  Now we have LO's to take care of so we don't have the luxury of resting as much, that alone is sure to make anyone a bit testy.

This exactly.

And I have an ear infection that LO gave me.

• Yes!  the only thing that takes the "edge" off for me is to go for a good, long run.  If I miss working out for a couple of days, DH notices my "grumpiness" and will lace up a pair of shoes to go for a run with me (and he really does not enjoy running).
  • I am glad I found this post (lurked here)! My job is a lot more stressful this time around & I do remember being exhausted the first time & taking naps.. which I can't do this time around with a 14 month old to chase around. Glad I'm not the only one.
  • The only time I don't feel pregnant is while I'm running and a few hours afterwards. I don't have the major nasty symptoms of pregnancy, thank god, but the overall ache in my middle and back is really draining and makes me short-tempered.
  • The one thing I can suggest is to take it out on someone other than your husband, random strangers come to mind.   Note:  I am a husband getting the brunt from a grumpy mom-to-be.
  • This is my second pregnancy and OMG am I very moody.  My Aunt tells me that she do not like me rigt now.  She don't understand why I am so upset all the time because I was not like that with my first.  I can say that I notice the change in myself and what hurts me the most is my baby is the only one that mostly get the bad end of the stick.  It is like I don't want her to be all on me and sometime her touching me irritates me so bad.  She is very touchy, feely person and it just bothers me so much when she get that way.  And she sometimes look at me with those sad puppy dog eyes and I feel so bad for her.  I promise I don't just do this on purpose but sometimes it hard for me not to. Someone please tell me how to handle this situation.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"