Detroit Babies
Options

OB Recommendation

Can anyone recommend a doctor who tries to avoid doing a c-section when possible (i.e., isn't too "trigger-happy" to do them)?

Thanks

Re: OB Recommendation

• Options
    In which city?

• Options

Again, not sure what area, but I have had two with

Metro Partners in Women's Health in Novi.

They deliver out of Providence and( will be delivering out of ) Providence Park..

I used a midwife for my second and had switched to Dr. LaCoste with my third since I had Pregnancy Induced Hypertension.

I also have huge babies( 10 lbs 2 oz and 11 lbs 2 oz) and neither the midwives nor Dr. LaCoste even suggested a c-section.

They were all very respectful of what my wishes were.
    They are awesome.

www.womensdocs.com

So, if you are on the westside I would highly recommend them.
    I know there are a few other moms here who have used them and would rave about them too.

Good luck!!
    I

• Loading the player...
  • Options

My mom, my sister and I all see Kelly O'Connor in Ypsilanti.  My sister did end up having a c-section, but her baby had interutering growth retardation (had stopped growing).  On my sister's request, they did an induction for 48 hours before doing the c-section.  My sister just wasn't dilating. 

With me, talk of a c-section never even came up while I was in labor.

• Options
    I loudly second Metro Partners in WH in Novi...I saw their midwives and loved them all!   We had a great natural birth at the Alternative Birthing Center at Providence in Southfield.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"