Orange County Babies

St. Joseph OB GYN?

I would really appreciate any recommendations for an OB GYN at St. Joseph's. Also, what was delivery like there? Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: St. Joseph OB GYN?

• I know that 5 dogs delivered at SJ, maybe page her? 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I delivered with Dr. Fee at St. Joseph & LOVED her (I loved her entire staff!). I was induced due to my water breaking & labor not following for over 48 hours. She was on-call when my induction started... but 22 hours later she was in the office seeing patients when I finally hit 10cm and she came back in from Anaheim Hills to deliver my daughter (still in her suit & pearls!)

St. Joseph was fine, it was better than some of the other hospitals we looked at and it was close by. I had planned to go natural and some nurses were rather rude about it ("are you ready for that epidural yet?" over and over again for the first 16 hours). The day I delivered was like baby central and they had 2-3x the deliveries than normal, resulting in a lot of chaos. The food was GREAT, though.

Socializing foster puppies since 2009
    image image
    Chart for TTC#2
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks so much, I'll definitely check out Dr. Fee!
  • Wait Laura, did you drink the water too?
  • imagekirkette:
    Wait Laura, did you drink the water too?

I did! We are so incredibly excited! I'm barely 4 weeks though so we're still hoping it sticks :)  

• I used Dr Fee also and loved her and the NPs in her practice.

As for St. Joseph's the delivery was great for me. I do hate that not all of their postpartum rooms are private. My husband had to leave my shared room 2 hours after delivery. My induction took 30 hours, I was exhausted, had this newborn and I was all to myself. Yes, the nurses were there but its not the same as my husband being there. I called him one night crying- I did not really even think about how difficult that would be. And yes, I did request a private room (which if I would have got my husband would have been able to spend the night)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"