Boston Babies

Shrewsbury

We are thinking about relocating to Shrewsbury.  If anybody can tell me any information about the area it would be greatly appreciated.  TIA!

Re: Shrewsbury

• I live in that general area, probably 10-15 minutes from Shrewsbury. ?What would you like to know??
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Any and everything you can tell me.  Schools, any area better than the other.  I live in Acton right now, and there is nothing here, except super expensive housing and a great school system.  I used to live in NH and NJ so I don't know much about MA.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageCharlaineS:
    Any and everything you can tell me.  Schools, any area better than the other.  I live in Acton right now, and there is nothing here, except super expensive housing and a great school system.  I used to live in NH and NJ so I don't know much about MA.

You won't beat Acton schools they are rated top in the state. There is definitely more commercial and retail on rt 9. You are close to Worcester, which is good and bad.

I am from NJ too. Shrewsbury is not like NJ much at all.

•  I have heard great things about the Shrewbury school system.  Your close to highways and you have a variety of places to shop. Plus, I love that there is that big body of water in Shrewbury. We also bought a place out there but ended up buying in Auburn which is not too far away.
  • image51008LeoneLefrancois:
     I have heard great things about the Shrewbury school system.  Your close to highways and you have a variety of places to shop. Plus, I love that there is that big body of water in Shrewbury. We also bought a place out there but ended up buying in Auburn which is not too far away.

I'm late with the reply so not sure you will get my response but wanted to say areas of Shrewsbury are great and the school system too, but we also bought in Auburn because of the easy highway access (290, Mass Pike, 395, 146), I feel its much more affordable and also has just about everything Shrewsbury has to offer- in my opinion. We think Auburn is a great town to raise a child and have also heard fantastic things about the school system here. And just as an FYI, my husband works in Northboro (the exit before Soloman Pond Mall) and it only takes him about 15-20 min to get to work (I believe from what I read on the Boston nesties board you are looking to be close to Hudson so its not too far).

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"