Preemies
Options

question about cord blood flowing in wrong direction

ladies diagnosed with cord blood flow going in the wrong direction, did they pick that up on the ultrasound? or was there a different test for that? our baby is measuring small, and they told us the blood is flowing fine (based on some kind of ultrasound scan) but i don't know anything about what direction its going in. . .how can they tell that?

Re: question about cord blood flowing in wrong direction

• Options

This link helped me understand https://www.fetal.com/IUGR/_umbilical2.html 

My first ultrasound was done by a regular tech at the hospital, the second was done by a MFM at the high risk unit.  During the first ultrasound, I didn't realize they were doing anything different, it was just a longer ultrasound. Hope that helps! 

• Options
    If they had detected absent or reversed end diastolic flow....you would absolutely know.  They would have told you as it increases the risk to the pregnancy greatly.  Glad to hear the flow is still good.
    Three losses in 2009; Boy/Girl twins born in 2010 image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The u/s tech at my ob noticed something wasn't right. I was sent over to the hospital and got 3 more u/s with a MFM. They could tell on the u/s by doing a doppler study. For mine at a certain point it was red (blood flow) and then it would have a lot of blue after that point. It let them know that the blood was hitting a blockage and rather than trying to push through to get to Aidan it just flowed back to me.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options

I had reverse diastolic flow that was found at my routine 26 week u/s by the tech at my ob office. I was immediately sent upstairs to L&D and my daughter was delivered 2 days later. I had severe IUGR, I guess due to this issue that wasn't caught in time. My daughter was literally dying inside of me because she wasn't getting proper nutrition and blood flow.

With that being said, if you have ANY blood flow problem, you would know. Best of luck to you!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"