Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

My baby is now a Dry Max statistic!

Colin has only ever worn Pampers Swadlers and luvs diapers.  We have used several several boxes of the new Dry Max with no problems.  Well the last few days we have noticed red bumps. We thought it was diaper rash.  When it wouldn't heal with constant fresh diapers/ airing out/ and cream I got a little curious.   I took him to the dr. and sure enough it is not a diaper rash, it is chemical burn.  The rumors are true.  I am guessing not all of them are affected, but at least some of these diapers do cause the burns.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: My baby is now a Dry Max statistic!

• Options
    That's the same thing DD got. All over her little bum too. I felt horrible. So sorry you're having to deal with this Pamper's crap. Give their number a call and put in a complaint.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My husband called.   They told us to not throw the left over diapers away that they will want them to test.  He talked to a receptionest i guess so she didn't have much to say.  She took our number and address and said that a lawer and their health and safety dept. would be in contact this week.   I am interested to see what comes of this.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That's why we're not using the Dry Max diapers from Pamper... I been using the "sensitive" pampers instead (or the former pampers - pre dry max) when I can find them. 
  • Options
    Thanks!   I love Pampers and am diapointed by this.  We went out after the Dr. appt and got some Luvs just to get him out of the Dry Max.   *hate huggies, they leak so bad*    I plan on switching to the Baby Dry, it is pretty easy to find around here. 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

Wow I totally didn`t know about the potential harm with the new diapers.  When I was 8 or 9 months preggo, I literally bought 7 boxes of Size1 and Size 2 diapers (each).  I had to switch my size 1 for a box of the new Dry Max in Size 2 as DS was on the cusp of 14lbs.  This totally makes me want to resell them!

On another rant, why didn`t Pampers keep the indicator strip (the yellow line that turns green or blue when wet) It was totally handy!! Grr!!!

• Options
    I miss the strip too!   It was soo quick to just look for the blue!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Poor little guy :-( FWIW, I use Target's Up and Up brand and love them. I use them for my 2 month old. I think they are pretty comparable to Pampers, IMO.
  • Options
    Yeah, we had a burn that looked like a curling iron had been taken to his butt.  Horrible.
  • Options
    star173star173 member

imagemrs.dovey:
    Thanks!   I love Pampers and am diapointed by this.  We went out after the Dr. appt and got some Luvs just to get him out of the Dry Max.   *hate huggies, they leak so bad*    I plan on switching to the Baby Dry, it is pretty easy to find around here. 

I'm really sorry this happened. I hope your DS is better soon.

If I were you, I would get away from pampers altogether- I wouldn't want to give a company like that my money. Try target brand. For me, we had swaddlers and huggies and 7th generation...the 7th gen are the only ones he hasn't leaked or had a blowout in. The only thing is they run small; you need to go up a size in those to get a good fit. Good luck!!!

• Options
    Poor little guy :( We use the Baby Dry and haven't had any problems(knock wood). I never cared for Pampers Swadlers or Cruisers. I hate the netting in the diaper. It stuck to DS' butt too much. Of course, I never got the blue stripe either on the diapers. It's usually pretty obvious that a baby has peed to me :p
  • Options
    We had trouble with Dry Max, too.  So, we switched to Sensitive (no Dry Max) from Pampers.  They do have the strip for the size 1s, so that is good!  Up and Up (Target brand) only has it for the newborn size.  Anyway, LO now has an open blister on his bottom from the Sensitive skin Pampers.  I am quite certain that the netting layer that touches his skin sticks to him once wet/dirty.  I think this irritates his skin and causes diaper rash and now, this blister.  It is so frustrating.  But, I think we will be using Target's Up & Up brand for now.  Have to go out tomorrow and buy more....
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    This looks exactly what my LO has, he is 3 weeks today.  I noticed it first the other night when he woke up with an extremely heavy wet diaper and there were a few little blistery looking bumps, it looks like it is spreading now.  So...we moved to luvs and target brand diapers.  i also moved up to size ones just to give him a little breathing room.
    Canon 60D: Canon 50mm 1.8 & 85mm 1.8, Tamron 28-75 2.8, Sigma 30mm 1.4
  • Options
    Hi, I work for Pampers.  Sorry to jump into your discussion, but as a mom myself, I know how hard it is to see your baby in pain.  I hope your LOs are feeling better.  I see that some of you have called us to report your babies' rashes.  If you haven't done so already, please give us a call at 1-877-256-3265.  We're concerned about your babies and would like to learn more.  Thanks!
  • Options

May I ask what your company is planning on doing for the babies that are affected?  We did call and pretty much got the run-around.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I'm sorry if you got the run-around when you called us.  Our Health & Safety team is following up on every rash complaint.  If you gave your name and address when you called, you can expect to receive a questionnaire.  If you haven't received anything, or if you have any questions or concerns, please call us back at 1-877-256-3265.  Thanks!
  • Options
    imageMrsHyphenated:

Wow I totally didn`t know about the potential harm with the new diapers.  When I was 8 or 9 months preggo, I literally bought 7 boxes of Size1 and Size 2 diapers (each).  I had to switch my size 1 for a box of the new Dry Max in Size 2 as DS was on the cusp of 14lbs.  This totally makes me want to resell them!

On another rant, why didn`t Pampers keep the indicator strip (the yellow line that turns green or blue when wet) It was totally handy!! Grr!!!

I have a box of Pampers Swaddlers with Dry Max (Size 1-2) and they have the indicator strip on them.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageJessys_Girl:

I have a box of Pampers Swaddlers with Dry Max (Size 1-2) and they have the indicator strip on them.

Every box of Dry Max we have used have the indicator stripe. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"