Parenting after 35

Bed Bugs

Yes, bed bugs. I think we have them. Gross. Gross. Gross.

I have no idea how we got them other than my husband brings home crap he gets from friends or "finds" unless I head him off at the door and make him throw it away. We also had an outbreak at a rental property we own but that was last January! What the f***?????? And of course my husband is away until Wednesday visiting his brother in Mexico so I'm dealing with it all alone. I have welts all over my upper body from bites and I've spent the weekend trying to get an exterminator to come out on Memorial Day weekend. I've finally got someone coming tomorrow afternoon. So between now and then I have to bag all of the clothes and linens in my bedroom and wash them in hot water or get them dry cleaned. Do you have any idea what that dry cleaning is going to cost for my work clothes? I have spent my whole weekend trying to keep Raquel happen and uninfected and doing endless laundry. I'm going to have to entertain her at the laundromat tomorrow for 2 hours while I wash the down comforters. I just started crying a few times today. God, what if we can't get rid of them? I'm exhausted. I really wish my husband was home.  I'm freaking out that their going to make their way to Raquel. Oh, and how much does the exterminator cost? $800 and that's just for one bedroom. I'm going to be up cleaning all night. I just wish I could stop crying. This sucks.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Bed Bugs

• Good luck.  I understand that they are hard to get rid of.  Check the edges of your mattress and your drawers.  That is where they like to hide.  I hate bugs and they make me crazy.
  • PeskyPesky member
    Left Hug   I remember getting rid of fleas was kind of like that.  Took repeated bombings in the house and we had to clean EVERYTHING.  Ugh, it was awful...

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• Loading the player...
  • HUGS!!  That would really suck to deal with on your own!  Anywhere you can crash for the night that wouldn't be too disruptive but might give you a chance to unwind?
  • Are you sure it's not fleas?  I didn't know that bedbugs will cause welts, but fleas sure do.  Plus, they come out more during the warmer weather months.  You can actually see fleas, but not bedbugs.

Not that it makes a huge difference, really.  But I'd think with fleas, you'd need to bomb the whole place.

Had them in my apt in Fla.  The previous occupants had a mangy dog.  Apartment complex didn't replace the carpeting, so a few months later, I was overrun with fleas.  Nasty stuff.

• That sounds horrible. I think now you can tell your DH to keep the crap he finds out of the house!!! That's why I never shop at thrift shops, gross. I hope you can get rid of them, maybe it would be worth the $800 just to disinfect Rachel's nursery. Good luck!
    Me: 44 DH: 42. DS born healthy at 40 weeks 8/24/09. TTC since then with no luck or ART. Surprise BFP 8/6/14... MMC @ 8 weeks 4 days... Miss you everyday sweet baby angel.
  • M.AmyM.Amy member
    I can't imagine. I am so sorry you have to deal with this stress. 
  • imageM.Amy:
    I can't imagine. I am so sorry you have to deal with this stress. 

Thanks. It's been really awful. I just my normal life back. 

• I hope it's a little better now?  If they came from something your husband dragged in, he owes you BIG for this.  So yucky, and I am so sorry!
    You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Not as of last night. The exterminator came for the third time today (last time) and he also spray our cars in case we're transporting them back and forth between the cars and the house. I'm praying tonight is better. Seeing Raquel with bites has reduced me to a crying mess. At least there's a 12 months warranty on the service but he said if we still have bites tonight we have to wait 2 weeks before treating again. My husband comes home tonight so he can take over with the exterminator but I dread going to bed and I dread hearing Raquel cry for fear it's because she has a bit. I cannot believe this has happened. I just can't. Thanks for checking in, I appreciate it.
  • I hope it's better!  Crossing fingers for you guys!
    You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"