Alabama Babies
Options

Oil Spill

Doesn't this just make you feel good! I am hearing reports of an Oil Sheen in Mobile Bay and oily Dead Fish in Fowl River.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpbK3mAJMRE

Re: Oil Spill

• Options
    uagirluagirl member

The whole situation makes me sick.  It's even worse watching BP pretend like they have a clue about what is going to make it stop. 

We were supposed to head to Gulf Shores Thursday, but are watching closely and making alternate plans for a mini-vacation just in case.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker

m/c 05/2009
    DD born 8/9/10
    TTC #2 since 8/2012
    CP 12/2012
    dx MFI 10/2013
    Surprise BFP 11/6/2013  EDD 7/19/2014
    Beta #1 15 dpo HCG 355 Prog 30.9
    Beta #2 22 dpo HCG 8147 Prog 18.8
    Beta #3 29 dpo HCG 44580 Prog 29.8

• Options

It is just a mess! They don't know what they are doing! I am not against oil or drilling, because right now, we have to have it. But to not have a REAL plan in place is ridiculus!

Not to mention I was supposed to do a family photo shoot on the East End of Dauphin Island next week. Sounds like that may be out of the question!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    kc0721kc0721 member
    imageuagirl:

The whole situation makes me sick.  It's even worse watching BP pretend like they have a clue about what is going to make it stop. 

We were supposed to head to Gulf Shores Thursday, but are watching closely and making alternate plans for a mini-vacation just in case.  

This exactly. 

My Dh and I have decided to boycott BP gas stations. 

• Options
    jennrejennre member
    I know it's awfull.  Every morning I walk on the beach and just htink about how different it's going to be in the coming weeks.  It's heart breaking.  The oil has reached some our barrier islands now. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageuagirl:

This. I just can't believe it.

Erin~N~Gregg 6/30/07 Project 365 imageCafeMom Tickers
  • Options

Thank you for posting that!  I had no idea about the 79 incident.  Good God! You'd think they'd learn from the past....same exact "fixes" same exact FAILS.  I'm glad the Prez is more worried about pointing fingers and waiting for BP to fail so he can "save the day" in the midst of oil soaked beaches and ruined coastal economies.  I'd rather us drill off of ours shores (but not Arctic NWR!) than rely on foreign oil that drills off of our shores.  Sure we need a more reliable energy source...but that takes years of research.  We need a solution now.

And they're reporting oil on Dauphin Island as of yesterday.  Guess I'll need to start packing soon.

Leopard in Acacia Tree, Serengeti National Park, Tanzania 2009
    Crafty Owl Blog
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Yea. There were news reports of it washing up on Dauphin Island yesterday. Haven't heard about anything in Gulf Shores or Orange Beach yet though. I was really hoping to get in a beach photo session before all this. Looks like Madi won't be making her first trip to the beach this year. Lord knows when it could be.
  • Options

it is totally a disgusting mess... and I don't just mean the water. BP is an awful company. and to top it off they have no idea what to do so they call in James Cameron (director of Titanic and Avatar) to see if he can help. Really, just because he works on movies in the water he has the answer? Didn't you BP people go to school to figure this out. I am interested to see what Mr. Cameron comes up with as a solution, but any way you look at this, it has gone on incredibly too long.

We are cruising next week out of Tampa and our ship will go right through a big part of the spill. I am scared to think about what it will look like.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"