Health & Exercise

how much have you runners slowed down??

I'm 20 weeks and just timed myself on a trip around the block, 3 miles.... I'm over 10 min slower than normal!!!!! I did have to walk a bit because I got a leg cramp, but I was hoping it wouldn't be that much slower, although I should have expected it because since I found out I was preg. I've only been going like 2x a week. And I've gained like 13lbs so far..... how much slower are you?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: how much have you runners slowed down??

• I've cut my milage almost in half and have went from a 6mph pace to 5mph (sometimes I try to kick it up the last half mile or so).  I'm feeling better lately, but for the first 3.5 months I was feeling so exhausted, I just couldn't go very fast - even had to stop sometimes.  Can be really frustrating.  But this is my 3rd and I know I'll pick it back up after she comes...hang in there :-)
  • I'm way slower -- my PRs running pre-pregnancy were 24:00 for a 5K (about 8 minute miles); 1:57 for a 1/2 marathon (about 9 minute miles); and 4:30 for a marathon (about 10:30 minute miles).  I went running 4 miles today and it probably took me about 44-45 minutes.  I can't go any faster than 10 minute miles, and I'm usually in the 10:30 to 12:00 minute mile range.  Happy I'm still running though! (If you can call it that!)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • HEY!! I am 21 weeks right now, and BOY have I slowed down!! Im still able to run but not give myself that added "PUSH" that I used to...I also find that my breathing is a LOT different!!
    Mom of 4....and Sept 2013 BRIDE!!!!
  • I officially gave up running at 27 weeks, but up until then I was running 11 min miles when I'm used to running 9 min miles. My lungs always felt fine, but the discomfort I would feel over my bladder was enough to slow me down. I'm walking now 15 minute miles, 4 miles a day.
  • I've resorted to runnng/walking already.  Rather depressing, but I'm happy I'm at least out there moving. 
  • i went from regular 3 mile jogs at a 10 minute pace to regular 1 mile jogs at a 12 minute pace. i figured keeping my workouts light would avoid injury and allow to me to keep up the routine throughout the pregnancy. Consistency is more important to me than pushing myself. we're at week 28 now, and so far so good. . .
  • I'm at 32 weeks and running/walking about a 10-11 minute mile (depending on how hot and humid it is at dawn). Pre-preg, I was at 7:30 to 8 minutes per mile.
  • Pre-pregnancy my 5K times were in the low 22 minutes, now they are right around 28 minutes.  My running keeps getting slower but I'm glad that I am still able to get out and run.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Pre-pregnancy I was running 9-minute miles. I was down to 10-minute miles in 1st tri, 11-minute miles in 2nd tri, and now I'm running 12-minute miles at 30 weeks. Also, sometimes I have to do run/walk intervals now. It kind of sucks, but it's better than nothing.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Just keep runnin' ladies!! I ran until about 25 weeks and then switched to elliptical at the gym because it was snowy and icy out and I was too scared to fall. I slowed waaaaaay down but I kept moving. Staying in shape while I was pg made it so much easier to bounce back afterwards. I was running at 3 weeks pp. I ran my first 5K (with my DS!) at 12 weeks pp and now, 15 months later, I'm faster than I was before I was pg.
  • I know I could still run my normal pace (8 min. miles on 5 mi. runs), but the dr. said to run 10 min. miles. I had a hard time with it at first, but I know it's best for the baby if he says it is.
  • way back! I now stick to lower impact elliptical machine or stairmaster or a brisk walk at an incline. running feels too weird with a big bump, and i just cant breathe anymore! i hope i can bounce back into a routine after delivery pretty quickly.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"