Health & Exercise
Options

Couch to 5K

Anyone tried it? I'm really wanting to try a running program and this one seems easy and effective. Anyone had any experience with this?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: Couch to 5K

• Options
    I really liked the philosophy behind it, but I didn't stick to it. I did my own version with my ipod by starting off running a song, then walking a song, and then increasing as I felt comfortable.  I just want to say that I once I started running, I LOVED it.  I can't wait to get back to it.  Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    soko987soko987 member

I am starting it up again. It really worked for me a few years ago - I am pretty much the opposite of a runner, and I decided that I was going to enter a local 5K as motivation to get in shape.

The app worked like a charm! I was able to finish my 5K in 34 minutes ( not a sparkling time by a true runners standard, but excellent for me). My goal is to enter the same race this year and break 30 minutes.

And it's true what they say about that runner's high - once you get to a certain point, it feels like you could just run forever.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    i've done it & am planning to start again in about a week.  I like it a lot and it definitele got me running 3 miles in the 9 weeks, as advertised
  • Options
    I just started up again.  I find the time limits kind of stressful to follow.  I would rather let my mind go to other things than watching a stopwatch or listening to bad podcast music.  What I think I am going to do is to walk, then run as long as comfortable, then walk it off, and resume a run.  I think I can increase my times for running to what feels comfortable, and measure on landmarks instead of time.  If that does not work, I will go to the pod casts to help me with the timing.  My first 5k will be the Race for the Cure in September.  Good luck to you.  My first run was a success tonight.  Yours will be too!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Hi--I'm usually over on the Attachment Parenting board, but am starting C25K and thought I would pop in to see if anyone over here is doing it.  We're trying to start week 1 this week on AP.  I say trying because although I got a lot of responses, I'm not sure we will make it happen with it being a long weekend...we may have to wait until next week.  We're all moms and it doesn't matter what your regular board is... anyone who would like to join us...please do:)  If you peek over at my bio or AP you'll see a couple of my posts regarding starting the program. 
  • Options
    I'm on week 6 and love it.  For the PP who said they didn't like the stress of watching the time limits, google for some podcasts with the times built in.  I use Nicole Blum's.  Her's contain mostly pop and hip hop music.  When it is time to switch from walking to running and vice versa, you hear a 5 second countdown. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"