Baby Names

The name Bella?

I know the name Bella (or Isabella) is getting SO popular, but that was/is our girl name. Is everyone going to think or say something about Twilight when they hear her name??
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: The name Bella?

• Scout05Scout05 member

I don't think Twilight, but I do think VERY trendy.

If you love it, go for it. It's wayyyyy too popular for my taste, to be honest, but it is a very pretty name.

• Loading the player...
  • I know nothing about the Twilight series, so I don't think of that.

I think of a dog, because the only Bella I know is my sister's dog.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Logan David 03.27.08
    Jacob Riley 05.18.09
    {Member since 2007}
  • They may question you about the name, like "oh is that why you picked that name??"  But if YOU love the name, than forget about what everyone else thinks.  It's your little girl! :-)
  • MrsCFBMrsCFB member

i'm not familiar with twilight, so i wouldn't associate bella with it. 

isabella is a nice name that's been around forever.  i don't like bella, but i realize it's a natural nickname for isabella. 

i'd probably go with isabelle instead.

• I havent even seen the movie or read the books and I still think of Twilight.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • imagebrizee8485:
    They may question you about the name, like "oh is that why you picked that name??"  But if YOU love the name, than forget about what everyone else thinks.  It's your little girl! :-)

I agree with this completely. I for one love the name Bella and Isabella for that matter BEFORE Twilight hit.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • obviously.

And you'd better hope she's not fugly. 

• I've never seen Twilight so I wouldn't think of that... I love the name Bella, regardless of if it's trendy or not :)
  • I loved this name but twilight kinda ruined it for me.
  • imagejuliane2004:
    I havent even seen the movie or read the books and I still think of Twilight.

this. it was the first thing I thought of. And that Isabella was #1 on the SS list last year. 

• I'm torn on this.  I've always loved the name and I haven't even seen the Twilight movies (gasp) but I do know that it's popular and partly because of it (though it was gaining before hand).  I think in a few years it will die down.  It's not like Twilight is going to be a classic movie that everyone sees for generations.  I bet by the time your DD is 5 no one will even care/remember.

ETA:  But as the other pp said, it's very popular.  For that reason it moved from number one on our list (back when DH and I first got together 7 years ago) to #5.  It's also regional.  There are not very many Isabella's in Alaska, or in my home area of rural Virginia.  That's really something to think about for the whole popularity thing that people forget about it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageBizEB:
    Yes. 

double Yes 

• Absolutely. But if you feel comfortable explaining that you've loved it since way before Twilight even existed, then go for it!
  • ...probably

But I still love Isabella 

• Yes.  

• sure.. don't do it!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • Maybe at first, but like all trends, Twilight will pass. By the time she is 10, it will be oooooold news.
    Visit The Nest!Image and video hosting by TinyPic Visit The Nest! Anniversary
    VOTE on my Name List image 7 anovulatory cycles, 1 cycle 50 mg clomid, 4 cycles 100mg clomid, HSG double blockage, hysteroscopy with cyst and debris removal, fermara/IUI attempt abandoned because of anovulation, follistim/IUI attempt coming soon!
  • It does NOW but in a few years, probably not. It's too common for me and NMS, though.

When I was born, my mom's step brother asked if I was named after Meredith Baxter-Birney on Family Ties. I doubt anyone would ask me about that today. Usually now they just ask if I watch Grey's Anatomy.

my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • I think of Twilight, but only because I love it! I don't think you should let it change your mind though Smile
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    my read shelf:
    Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"