Parenting after 35

XP: switching formulas

I started DD on a new formula (Similac Sensitive) b/c that's what daycare provides and my Pedi told me to give it a try.  She was on Enfamil Gentlease.  She's only had 2 bottles of the new stuff but is a little fussier than normal...do you think it could have affected her that quickly? 

We can provide our own formula if it really disagrees with DD but we don't get any break in the tuition so essentially we'd be paying for formula twice, since its included in the tuition.  

Me-38, DH - 48 | DD born 3/17/10 | BFP 4/29/11 - M/C 5/31/11 Blighted Ovum | BFP 12/18/11 CP - 12/27/11 | Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: XP: switching formulas

• Liz - with DD we switched formulas around 6 wk due to reflux issues. Initially she had problems but it is only her body getting adjusted to the change. I think it was a couple of days at most. Mostly it was poopping/gas issues.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageMrsKLS:
    Liz - with DD we switched formulas around 6 wk due to reflux issues. Initially she had problems but it is only her body getting adjusted to the change. I think it was a couple of days at most. Mostly it was poopping/gas issues.

Ditto this as we changed formulas so many times in the beginning for reflux issues. We always gave one full week to see the change and see if it worked.

• Loading the player...
  • I think it takes them about 3 days to adjust to the new formula so I would wait and see. Most babies will adjust to the new formula in a few days. She could also be fussy b/c of the new daycare or something else, so don't automatically think it's the formula.
    Me: 44 DH: 42. DS born healthy at 40 weeks 8/24/09. TTC since then with no luck or ART. Surprise BFP 8/6/14... MMC @ 8 weeks 4 days... Miss you everyday sweet baby angel.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"