3) Get a tattoo before 18?  yes

4) Go to a co-ed sleepover after prom?  no

5) Dye thier hair purple?  yes

6) Cross-dress?  yes

7) Eat cake for breakfast?  no

8) Join the military?   yes

9) Drop out of high school?  no

10) Wear sandals in winter?    no

Maybe I don't have a heightened sense of smell, but I've never smelled any vagina on my pants. -- TSD

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Bloggity Blog - You know you want to...
  • Would you let your child...

1) Go to bed without eating dinner?
    Not in the sense of "sent to bed without dinner" as punishment

2) Wear regular clothes to bed?
    Yep.

3) Get a tattoo before 18?
    Absolutely not.  After 18? I'd go with him!

4) Go to a co-ed sleepover after prom?
    Depends on the circumstances...  Is my son gay and it's "co-ed" because it's with his best girl friends? Then I'm probably good with it.  Is it a group of great kids that I know at the home of a parent I know well and trust, with arrangements made for who sleeps where? Then I might be good with it.  So I'm a maybe on this one.

5) Dye thier hair purple?
    Absolutely.

6) Cross-dress?
    Yes.  Unless I thought he was going somewhere where it could cause him to be in danger - then I'd try to talk him out of it. Otherwise, whether he's trans, just being eccentric, or the Next Drag Superstar Smile, I'd support my child dressing how he feels comfortable.

7) Eat cake for breakfast?
    I'd be a major hypocrite if I didn't!! Wink Though not all the time of course.

8) Join the military?
    C and I have talked about this.  It would be really, really, really hard for me to be okay with my child joining the military.

9) Drop out of high school?
    No way.

10) Wear sandals in winter?
    Maybe - if he was pitching a fit about wearing them, and I was insisting it was too cold, to teach him lesson, I might let him find out on his own!

Fun poll CT! 

It seems I officially have Mommy Brains - I can't tell you how many words I looked at in my responses and thought...is that how you spell that???  ....and I have always been a really good speller!  The baby has eaten my brain!!

Mrs._F
    sahm ~ toddler breastfeeder ~ cloth diaperer ~ baby wearer

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • 1) Go to bed without eating dinner? sure

2) Wear regular clothes to bed? he asked me to do this last night and we compromised to his regular t-shirt and pj shorts. but i'm kinda dissapointed in myself for not just saying yes. i mean, whats the harm? but i dont want it to be a habit

3) Get a tattoo before 18? no

4) Go to a co-ed sleepover after prom? I lean towards no, but it depends.  And that makes me a total hypocrit b/c i did this after both of my proms.

5) Dye thier hair purple? sure

6) Cross-dress? yes

7) Eat cake for breakfast? on special occasions. with an apple :P

8) Join the military? i'd struggle with that. a lot.

9) Drop out of high school? hellz no. as it is, i remind sprout regularly that he's going to college.

10) Wear sandals in winter? sure. i'm a learn by experience mama.

• 1) Go to bed without eating dinner? yep, but it would depend on the situation

2) Wear regular clothes to bed? sure, why not

3) Get a tattoo before 18? probably not.. but after 18 is fine

4) Go to a co-ed sleepover after prom? yes.. but we would have already had the talk about being safe

5) Dye thier hair purple? yep

6) Cross-dress? yep

7) Eat cake for breakfast? mmm, sounds good right now.. yep

8) Join the military? It would be hard for me emotionally, but I would be proud

9) Drop out of high school? I'd prefer not.. but again, it depends on the circumstances.

10) Wear sandals in winter? frozen toes, sure... they would learn

• Though I will not be the only one making the decisions and all decisions will be jointly made, I have decided to answer my gut reactions. 

Would you let your child...

1) Go to bed without eating dinner? Only if I knew they were not eating because they didn't feel well.

2) Wear regular clothes to bed? You got it!

3) Get a tattoo before 18? NOPE!

4) Go to a co-ed sleepover after prom? Oh heck no!

5) Dye their hair purple? I'd prefer not...but would probably give in. 

6) Cross-dress? I am not that open-minded...HOWEVER, I do know that C would probably win the argument.

7) Eat cake for breakfast? Not really, but maybe once in a blue moon.

8) Join the military? Most definitely. I would proudly support that decision. (It would bother me some, but I think it is an honor.)

9) Drop out of high school? Drop out of high school, drop out of the house. (Yes, very strong words. I am sure C and I would have LONG discussions if we ever had to cross this path.)

10) Wear sandals in winter? Dependent on their age.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• 1) Go to bed without eating dinner? Yes

2) Wear regular clothes to bed? Yes

3) Get a tattoo before 18? Probably not

4) Go to a co-ed sleepover after prom? Possibly

5) Dye thier hair purple? Yes

6) Cross-dress? Yes

7) Eat cake for breakfast? If I get a slice too!

8) Join the military? Yes

9) Drop out of high school? No

10) Wear sandals in winter? Yup

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

1) Go to bed without eating dinner? maybe, depending on the circumstance. not as punishment. food should never be for punishment.

2) Wear regular clothes to bed? yes.

3) Get a tattoo before 18? nope. i had to wait, he can too.

4) Go to a co-ed sleepover after prom? maybe, but we would have to have a serious talk about it and i'd have to know exactly where he was.

5) Dye thier hair purple? yes.

6) Cross-dress? yes.

7) Eat cake for breakfast? maybe, for a special occasion.

8) Join the military? i would have a very, very hard time with this, but i don't think it's something you let your child do i think it's a decision they make going into adulthood.

9) Drop out of high school? oh, hell no.

10) Wear sandals in winter? maybe.

• 2brides2brides member

1) Go to bed without eating dinner? Not as a form of punishment. But if they aren't hungry/had a late snack/etc then yes.

2) Wear regular clothes to bed? Gray has a couple of older t-shirts that he wears to bed as pjs - but not out of the house But no, they don't wear clothes to bed.

3) Get a tattoo before 18? Not if I can help it.

4) Go to a co-ed sleepover after prom? Lord help me. Maybe.

5) Dye thier hair purple? I would say no - but L would say yes. It would drive me nuts.

6) Cross-dress? Yes. Does my son regularly wearing hot pink Minnie Mouse sunglasses with flowers and rhinestones count?

7) Eat cake for breakfast? On occasion.

8) Join the military? Yes.

9) Drop out of high school? No.

10) Wear sandals in winter? When they are older - it is their feet and they will suffer the consequences of having cold feet.  Right now -I'd say no since I will suffer the consequences of them having cold feet.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

1) Go to bed without eating dinner? Yes, but only if he/she didn't want to eat. We won't use this as a punishment

2) Wear regular clothes to bed? Yes.

3) Get a tattoo before 18? Nope

4) Go to a co-ed sleepover after prom? Probably.

5) Dye thier hair purple? Under the age of 15, no. 16 and up-- yes, but I wouldn't like it.

6) Cross-dress? Intellectually, I know the right answer to this question for our family is yes. However this would be a huge struggle for me, which is totally hypocritical since 99% of DW's clothing comes from the men's department.

7) Eat cake for breakfast? Not on a regular basis, but yes.

8) Join the military? Yes

9) Drop out of high school? No way.

10) Wear sandals in winter? Yes

• 1) Go to bed without eating dinner?yes

2) Wear regular clothes to bed?yes

3) Get a tattoo before 18?no

4) Go to a co-ed sleepover after prom?no

5) Dye thier hair purple?yes

6) Cross-dress?idn

7) Eat cake for breakfast?yes

8) Join the military?yes

9) Drop out of high school?no

10) Wear sandals in winter?no

• Edited to add C's answers after mine! (Joy=bold, C=regular after)

1) Go to bed without eating dinner? Only if they chose to, not as punishment. if they don't feel good then i guess so

2) Wear regular clothes to bed? Sure, as long as they weren't dirty. sure if they want to

3) Get a tattoo before 18? No. Nope.

4) Go to a co-ed sleepover after prom? Depends on the circumstance and their age/maturity level. NOPE unless they're 18 and accepted to college

5) Dye thier hair purple? Sure. maybe, i don't like purple...haha but yeah i don't care

6) Cross-dress? Sure. sure, i don't care

7) Eat cake for breakfast? Yes, with something else nutritious. NOPE.

8) Join the military? If they were 18, it wouldn't be my choice anymore, but I would want to make sure they new the benefits, risks and alternatives. I'd also have them talk to my uncle who's been in for 20 years and some veterans. if they want to...[Note: her brother is, and father was, in the military.]

9) Drop out of high school? No, but if they were struggling and there were other options, Running Start (early college instead of h.s. as an option here in WA), GED, etc with a plan, I'd be okay with that. not unless they have a plan and a reasonable reason...at least get a GED

10) Wear sandals in winter? No because I would worry about damage and crying. haha um i guess i wouldn't care...

I guess we only disagree on cake for breakfast and sandals in winter!

Met 07/07/05, Wedding 07/07/07, Legal Marriage Ceremony 12/9/12, Baby Boy Born 08/09/13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1) Go to bed without eating dinner? Not as a punishment but if they were unwell or just refusing, fine.

2) Wear regular clothes to bed? Maybe

3) Get a tattoo before 18? No!

4) Go to a co-ed sleepover after prom? Depends on the child/maturity level/situation

5) Dye thier hair purple? If they must

6) Cross-dress? Yes as long as they were aware of the possible consequences

7) Eat cake for breakfast? Yes, for special occasions

8) Join the military? No

9) Drop out of high school? Not a chance in hell

10) Wear sandals in winter? Only if it would be a true teaching moment. Otherwise, not after Labor Day :-)

• imagectbride08:

Would you let your child...

1) Go to bed without eating dinner? If they were not hungry or ill then yes, but never as punishment.

2) Wear regular clothes to bed? Sure...

3) Get a tattoo before 18? Okay I have to be the one person that would say yes.  Now it would depend on what, where, and how old they were...

4) Go to a co-ed sleepover after prom? NO...yes I will trust my child and yes they will have had the talk by then but NO!

5) Dye thier hair purple? Sure...you would not believe how many colors my hair was...

6) Cross-dress? Yeah if they felt the need or urge to.

7) Eat cake for breakfast? Yep, now not every morning but nothing wrong with a piece of cake and big glass of milk for breakfast! In fact I wish I could have that!

8) Join the military? It would be hard, but it is their choice at that point.

9) Drop out of high school? NO, now I am a believer that college is not for everyone so I will not force that issue but a high school diploma is a must.

10) Wear sandals in winter? How old are they? Younger, no there is no way they are winning that argument.  Older, it is their problem if their toes freeze.

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • 1) Go to bed without eating dinner? No, even if they were sick they would have to eat soup

2) Wear regular clothes to bed? Yes, I would but J wouldn't

3) Get a tattoo before 18? I guess as long as they were at least 16 and it wasn't a totally ridiculous tattoo that they would later regret.

4) Go to a co-ed sleepover after prom? As long as they have protection

5) Dye thier hair purple? sure

6) Cross-dress? sure

7) Eat cake for breakfast? Yes, cake and milk make a delicious breakfast but of course not everyday

8) Join the military? I wouldn't want them to but ultimately its their decision.

9) Drop out of high school? Hell No!

10) Wear sandals in winter? If they want to maybe they'll be cold and realize it wasn't a good idea.

Our NEW Blog
    Married my best friend 5*15*2008 Trying to start our family 8*2011
    unmedicated iui#3= bfp 10/20/11! beta#1=11, beta#2=85, beta#3=741,beta#4=1000,beta#5=2146,beta#6=7454 *please keep doubling* imageimageBabyFruit Ticker

1) Go to bed without eating dinner?  I suppose...but never as a punishment.

2) Wear regular clothes to bed?  It's happened (fallen asleep in the car on way home).

3) Get a tattoo before 18? I'd definitely prefer not.

4) Go to a co-ed sleepover after prom? would depend on situation, but yes, I think so.

5) Dye thier hair purple? Sure...it's temporary, right!? ;)

6) Cross-dress? I guess.

7) Eat cake for breakfast? Well, since he doesn't eat sugar yet (he's 3.5 so far)...not right now, no.  But later, older, for a special occasion, sure.  Heck, I had a brownie and pizza for bfast today (pregnancy cravings!).

8) Join the military?  NO.  Sorry.  It scares me too much.  I support all of our brave troops and their families...but it isn't for me - and hopefully not for my children.  I see that commercial all the time about "if your kid wants to talk to you about joining the army..." and I immediately think "LOCK HIM IN THE CLOSET!"  Sorry.

9) Drop out of high school? I'd love to say NO - I'd definitely not prefer it and can't see it happening, but would depend on situation/plan.

10) Wear sandals in winter? I live in LA...so no real winter here ;)

Nice questions!

~Keri

• Would you let your child...1) Go to bed without eating dinner? Yes, but not as a punishment2) Wear regular clothes to bed? sure, I do sometimes so why not3) Get a tattoo before 18? No, too permanent4) Go to a co-ed sleepover after prom? Depends on how mature my kid is at that age5) Dye their hair purple? Yeah, but I would want them to use a temporary dye.6) Cross-dress? Sure.7) Eat cake for breakfast? maybe on a special occasion--not on a regular basis8) Join the military? Yikes, if my kid was over 18 it would be his/her choice but I would discourage it.9) Drop out of high school? No, absolutely not.10) Wear sandals in winter? Sure, we live in Minnesota. I bet it would last less than 5 minutes ;) this was fun :) 
  • 1) Go to bed without eating dinner?

Yes.  My only rule for dinner was that they ate what had been cooked, or made their own.

Yes.

3) Get a tattoo before 18?

No.

4) Go to a co-ed sleepover after prom?

Yes.  By the time my daughter reached prom age, I'd been giving her bc shots for two years.  So worrying about the sleepover being coed would have been a bit late.  As for my son, neither prom nor a coed sleepover would have appealed to him back then.

5) Dye their hair purple?

Yes.  Although it was just a bit embarrassing when my daughter turned up with magenta hair at the funeral of a relative. (The dye job took place before the death, but was still at its most brilliant at the funeral.)

6) Cross-dress?

Yes.

7) Eat cake for breakfast?

Only on special occasions.

8) Join the military?

No.  They could join on their own at 18, but I would not consent to their doing so before that.

9) Drop out of high school?

No.  Although in retrospect, I wonder whether it would have been better to allow my son to.  He has Aspergers, and although he is very bright indeed, he drove his teachers and us bonkers for years by forgetting to do his homework, not paying attention in class, etc.  He took two years off after high school, grew up enough to develop some motivation, and got nearly a straight A average at a competitive college.

10) Wear sandals in winter?

Yes.  I figure they wouldn't get very far outdoors before noticing a problem.  Why should I spend my chips fighting something they would shortly learn on their own not to do?

• Would you let your child...1) Go to bed without eating dinner?  _ No.. because I believe everyone should have something in their stomach before bedtime as for energy. 2) Wear regular clothes to bed? _Depends _ leaning towards yes - if there is something special they want to wear it for - but as long as they put on clean clothes in the morning. 3) Get a tattoo before 18? _NO! I won't allow this to happen.. >18? Their decision.. 4) Go to a co-ed sleepover after prom? _Depends _ more likely to say no...5) Dye thier hair purple? _ In steaks - sure - Momma does it! 6) Cross-dress? _Up to them as long as it is safe... 7) Eat cake for breakfast? _ In this case - no - I rather they don't eat cake for breakfast - the only kind of "cake" they can have is pancakes! 8) Join the military? _Their decision - I just hope they will have the courage to share their reasoning for joining the military. 9) Drop out of high school? _NO and NO! I want our kids to complete high school.  I have goals for them to even begin community college - as long as they get an experience of college -t hen I'll let them decide what they want to do with their life. 10) Wear sandals in winter? _ Of course , yes - We live in the Pacific Northwest.. 
  • 1) Go to bed without eating dinner?

No, not as punishment, but if they fell asleep before dinner, I'd let them sleep.

No. I hate when DW does this even for a nap. No way.

3) Get a tattoo before 18? No. . . If they want it that baaaaad they can wait. They also won't be getting weird peircings.

4) Go to a co-ed sleepover after prom? Yes! I can stomach them going to a co-ed sleepover twice in their high school years, and I'd be naive to think that they hadn't been to one they didn't tell me about before then. I'd like to know where they are, and they must keep in contact. I'd also be the parent that would let the bf/gf spend the night. However, the bf/gf will be sleeping on the couch, or guest room. My parents always let my sisters and i do this. . . and we never pushed it b/c we knew were lucky they got to be there at all.

5) Dye thier hair purple? Ugh. . yes. I'd be unhappy but everyone needs to have pictures they hate.

6) Cross-dress? Yep! DW and I have both dressed up as drag kings. . . and we go to our Gay Bars monthly Drag King night sooo fun.

7) Eat cake for breakfast? no worse than a cinnamon roll. . .

8) Join the military? Yes, I would really struggle though, but some one has to defend this country and if my daughter or son wants too then i'll support that. Given they know ALL risks, benefits, etc of this decision. I cried for days after my sister enlisted but she's seriously happier than shes ever been. . . she's 17. Did my dad want her too, not necessarily but he decided that if this was the choice she was going to make that he'd let her bc it's admiral.

9) Drop out of high school? No. .. . my children will no from the day they are born that education is important and that they must go to college.

10) Wear sandals in winter? Nope. . . iowa is cold, and we'd get DHS called on us if we did.

1) Go to bed without eating dinner? yes

2) Wear regular clothes to bed? yes

3) Get a tattoo before 18? yes

4) Go to a co-ed sleepover after prom? I like the answer above.  If they are gay and/or trusted friends and I know the parents

5) Dye thier hair purple? yes

6) Cross-dress? yes-and I liked the answer above about trying to make sure they don't go somewhere they could be in danger because of it.

7) Eat cake for breakfast? yes if they can find it-we don't really keep cake in the house.

8) Join the military? yes, but I would encourage a 'behind the scenes' job like military librarian or crossing gaurd or something.

9) Drop out of high school? no unless they had a really really great alternative plan that would help them through life.

10) Wear sandals in winter? if they wear socks like a big nerd!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"