Baby Showers

Baby shower vent (again)

So my baby shower is in two weeks.  My SIL is supposed to be hosting it, but has decided she can't pay for it so my MIL and mom are paying.  But SIL has refused to give over the planning and also will not return anyone's calls so the moms don't know how much they are paying or anything about what's going on.  My aunt has decided to throw a graduation party for my cousin who graduated 2 years ago (I think because she has decided to start college?) on the same day, at the same time, catered by the same restaurant so she, my cousin, and my grandmother are only dropping by for 15 minutes or so.  Did I mention we weren't invited to that party until after the shower invites went out and they discovered they were going to have to explain why they weren't coming?  I just feel bad.  My MIL could've thrown the shower for her half of the family and it would have been a nice, peaceful event.  I am blaming my family for this one!

On the other hand, the man party we planned for my husband and the males of the family for during the baby shower seems like it will be a much more fun place to be!  Okay, I'm done venting and I will enjoy my baby shower because there will be presents and cake!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Baby shower vent (again)

• So sorry that they are making wonderful times not so wonderful.  Looks like you are trying to keep a positive attitude.  Keep focused on you getting presents and eating cake!!! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • If relatives are going to your cousin's graduation party will there be men to go to your DH's man-party?  Sorry the parties are colliding with each other.  Hopefully people can make both of them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"