Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

City Dwellers - Stroller Question

My DH and I are considering our stroller options.  As we live in a city, we just don't think that the regular stroller system is going to work for us.  We mainly take public transportation.  If we do drive, most of the parking is parallel parking, so getting a whole big stroller out of the trunk would be really difficult.  I'd love to know what you think about our solution:

Bob Stroller with Car Seat Attachment for daily walks around our neighborhood - to the park, coffee shops, etc.

"Wearing" the baby until the baby gets big enough for an umbrella stroller for trips by car or public transportation.  

Are we missing something by not getting the regular stroller system?   

Re: City Dwellers - Stroller Question

• Options

I think that is a great idea!! We use a Bugaboo Frog as our daily walking stroller.

When DS was a newborn we used a snap n go from with the infant seat for our quick outings in the car and now we use a Combi lightweight stroller since he is older.  But take my advice and get a nicer umbrella stroller like a Maclaren, it will push so much easier.  I'm looking for a Maclaren now or a Bugaboo Bee.

Booze, it's what's for dinner imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Birth - 7 lbs. 7 oz., 20 inches 1 Month - 9 lbs., 5 oz, 21 inches 2 Months - 11 lbs., 4.5 oz, 23 inches 4 Months - 14 lbs, 1 oz, 26.5 inches 6 months - 16 lbs, 1 oz, 28.75 inches 9 months - 18 lbs, 6 oz, 29.25 inches 1 Year - 21 lbs, 6 oz, 31 inches 2 Years - 28 lbs., 37 inches
  • Options
    most of my friends still live in nyc and they overwhelmingly love the city mini and uppa baby strollers.
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

we are in a similar situation and we got a bugaboo chameleon for daily walks (we also have a dog so we are taking a lot of walks around the neighborhood)...we also have a moby wrap and ergo for public transportation and walks we don't want to take the stroller. we'll get an umbrella stroller when he gets too big/heavy to wear.

I think your solution sounds good...if you're not a runner, I'd also look into the city mini (it's smaller and collapses easier/smaller). if you're a runner I'd definitely get the BOB.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

i live in a city and do the city streets, public transportation thing.  i have a peg perego si and it is super light weight and folds easily.  i also like the city mini but went with the peg which is lighter to fold up and carry on the bus.  The peg also has a built in car seat attachment that takes many popular car seats including the snug ride and chicco seats.

i would not even think about fumbling ith a bob stoller and trying to use public transportation.  Also, i would not do a standard travel system like the cortina because they are too heavy.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

We are doing the same thing but the major differences is that we do not take public transportation and we frequent outdoors activities that has no pavement for activities.

I can see one view that you do want the BOB if you are out and about all day without a vehicle since it performs so well that you don't get tired of pushing it nor keep kicking the wheels when walking fast.  But I am having a hard time imaging carrying the BOB on public transportation.  The BOB does not have a lock when you close the stroller (you could probably figure a way to do that with the Velcro wrist thing).

I totally see the City Mini for the public bus since you can pick up the carrier in one hand and pull the City Min in the other in one fell swoop and just walk on the bus.  We would have gotten the City Mini if we didn't need an all terrain stroller for heavy duty outdoor activities that we frequent.

If you still want to go with the BOB, maybe get the snap n go for the time you need to use the infant carrier seat?  Sometimes it is nice to let the baby sit on the car seat at a restaurant or coffee shop so you can enjoy eating yourself.

• Options
    I was recently in London, and the baby stroller of choice seems to be Maclaren.  I felt so badly for all the mom's having to carry them up the steps from the tube!
  • Options

We're basically doing what you are, but getting the City Mini. I love how easy it is to fold and it's not that heavy. I will most likely not take the subway/bus alone with LO in the stroller, I would be more likely to babywear.

I used to live in SF and can't imagine pushing a stroller up and down those hills :) But I do love it there!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"