11/29/10 Madilynn (maddimom)

December

12/10/09 Quinn (Tobykitty) 

12/12/08 Blake (MrsHeidiR)

12/18/06 Josephine (JDCSKF)

12/26/06 Mason (cmcmillan)

12/27/09 Carson (Mandiatkins)

12/29/09 Camryn (kattyliegh)

1. Do anything fun over the long weekend?

2. Will you enroll LO in any summer classes?  What ones?

3. What are some good iron rich kid friendly foods?

4. What are you looking forward to this week?

5. Highs and lows for last week?

6. How do you get a kid to hold your hand, and at what age?

7. Questions for next week?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Mommy Check in 5/31

• 1. Do anything fun over the long weekend? Went to a birthday party on Sunday. Watched UFC fight on Saturday. Met (and fell in love with) little Eva today. Other than that, it was pretty mellow!

2. Will you enroll LO in any summer classes?  What ones? Cam starts swim lessons again at the end of June. I think thats all we will do this year.

3. What are some good iron rich kid friendly foods? My question... Cam is really anemic, boo.

4. What are you looking forward to this week? The fact its only 4 days till the weekend again :)

5. Highs and lows for last week? High- Noodle walking and talking like crazy! Lowa- DH working alot...

6. How do you get a kid to hold your hand, and at what age? n/a

7. Questions for next week? When did you take your LO to the dentist for the first time?

• 1. Do anything fun over the long weekend? I spent it in Ohio for a wedding. Had a good time but was very glad to get home to my boys!

2. Will you enroll LO in any summer classes?  What ones? Max will start swim lessons for the first time in July, I can't wait!

3. What are some good iron rich kid friendly foods? Spinach, beef, I know there are more but I'm drawing a blank right now.

4. What are you looking forward to this week? Hmmm, just being home again after being gone, getting back into the normal routine. The physical therapist comes tomorrow to write the plan with us for Max's PT.

5. Highs and lows for last week? High--Max is doing more crawling, pulling up, and trying to stand. Lows--he's still waking up more than once a night.

6. How do you get a kid to hold your hand, and at what age? I would make it one of two options: Either you can hold my hand, or I will carry you. If they can't/won't hold your hand, then pick them up without debate. I'm also a big fan of the backpack leash things so you can avoid that power struggle, or if they are too young to get it.

Photo by J. Shelton Photography
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageMy Blog
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMaddimom:

1. Do anything fun over the long weekend? BBQ today, sleep over last night, bday party yesterday, and bought a whole bunch of scrapbooking stuff Sat. I still have one more day off too. :-)

2. Will you enroll LO in any summer classes?  What ones? Summer camps in Edmonds

3. What are some good iron rich kid friendly foods? I gave my kids Flinstones vits for a while because they were so picky. Cereals are fortified with iron, spinach, leafy greens, and red meat, but my kids never ate them.

4. What are you looking forward to this week? Short work week, YAY!

5. Highs and lows for last week? Liam graduated preschool. Both a high and a low.

6. How do you get a kid to hold your hand, and at what age? Never made it an option especially in a parking lot or across the street. We always talked about safety and why they had to hold my hand and what could happen if they didn't.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 1. Do anything fun over the long weekend? Went to my family's cabin with my parents, sister and her fiance.

2. Will you enroll LO in any summer classes? What ones? Probably not- our summer is busy already. We'll probably just try to go to the zoo and parks a lot!

3. What are some good iron rich kid friendly foods? I have the same question!  

4. What are you looking forward to this week? We don't have anything planned this weekend!! I love not having plans during the spring/summer. Also, a shorter work week!

5. Highs and lows for last week? A&E are getting better and better at walking! Low - We're dropping the price on our condo we have on the market.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • 1. Do anything fun over the long weekend? Got M's ears pierced. 

2. Will you enroll LO in any summer classes? What ones? We want to get her in swimming but I think she is still too young

3. What are some good iron rich kid friendly foods? let me think about this one......

4. What are you looking forward to this week? Pictures on Sunday! RAIN STAY AWAY

5. Highs and lows for last week? Low- work high- 3 day weekend

7. Questions for next week? How old was your LO when he/she started to crawl?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• 1. Do anything fun over the long weekend?  No it was really lame actually.  We stayed home because I didn't want to deal with the traffic going East.  Went to a BBQ at the IL's and it was terrible.

2. Will you enroll LO in any summer classes?  What ones? Undecided, I might sign T up for swim, just can't decide what day(s).  But we have a Zoo pass so we'll spend a lot of time there this year.

3. What are some good iron rich kid friendly foods? No clue sorry.

4. What are you looking forward to this week? Seeing my mom!  She is coming over to our house with a friend Friday and Saturday for a Women's show in Silver lake. 

5. Highs and lows for last week? High--Tristen learning at least 2 new words a day!

Low- no job offer for H this week, and T is on a hitting streak, it's a hard thing to control!

6. How do you get a kid to hold your hand, and at what age? I've made T hold my hand from the moment he learned to walk, so now he knows it's a rule when walking around.  He rarely fights me, if he does I tell him he has to hold my hand, and if still he fights me I pick him up.  Usually I can put him in is stroller and he knows he lost his chance.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • 1. Do anything fun over the long weekend? I had SO much going on this weekend and we somehow got a few fun things as a family in too. Ready for things to slow down!

2. Will you enroll LO in any summer classes?  What ones? I may sign her up for swim again.

3. What are some good iron rich kid friendly foods? Great q!

4. What are you looking forward to this week? Getting lots of work done, meeting the nanny, Eva's newborn photos, the festival this weekend...it goes on and on.

5. Highs and lows for last week? Watching Isa grow and change so much. I swear she wakes up from a nap and she's an inch taller. Low was lack of sleep!

6. How do you get a kid to hold your hand, and at what age? We started doing that when she started walking, which was 10.5 months.

7. Questions for next week? How did you know your LO was ready for potty training?

• imageitskacie:

1. Do anything fun over the long weekend?

I got a pedicure and had some time with just DD while DS went to his grandma's.

We'll keep up with Gymboree and swimming probably

I looked on Bing and found this: https://pediatrics.about.com/od/nutrition/a/06_iron_foods.htm

Amazing that internet. ;-)

Getting some help for some PPD I think I just can't shake. DS is going to my mom's house one night which is like a toddler vacation ....for both of us.

Highs: Help from my mom

Lows: So emotionally and physically wrecked, it's hard to handle both kids all day all week for 12 hours without help.

As soon as DS was walking. He gets a choice - hold hands or I'll carry (even if I have DD in the Bjorn I can carry them both)

• imagesunmountain:
    imageitskacie:

I looked on Bing and found this: https://pediatrics.about.com/od/nutrition/a/06_iron_foods.htm

I had seen that. I am a google girl over Bing.  I was hoping that maybe some mommies on here had some recepies/foods they had tried with success with their own kids... I appreciate the sarcasam though.

• 1. Do anything fun over the long weekend? We did lots this weekend since we don't know how much longer we'll be a family of three - took Syd to the zoo (she loved the "mirror cats"), my parents came to visit, went shopping which was surprisingly entertaining and fun because DD was in a great happy mood.

2. Will you enroll LO in any summer classes?  What ones? Probably not this year

3. What are some good iron rich kid friendly foods? DD loves her leafy greens, I highly HIGHLY recommend making Kale Chips - just Google it and something will come up, so tasty!!

4. What are you looking forward to this week? Having a baby...maybe??? I hope!

5. Highs and lows for last week? High: DDs wonderful mood this weekend, she was just a joy to be around. Low: Having some not so fun pregnancy pain going on

6. How do you get a kid to hold your hand, and at what age? In our house it's non-negotiable when crossing the street, stores and busy places are a little harder because she just wants to run around but we just stay on top of it. I think we started teaching it as soon as she was walking because she hated being in her stroller.

• Also regarding the iron rich foods, make sure you are giving your kids something acidic with their meat. So if you give them a turkey sandwich, have a glass of OJ on the side. The acid helps the absorption of iron. I've been highly anemic for years and this is one the suggestions that my doctor gave me.
  • imageitskacie:
    imagesunmountain:
    imageitskacie:

I had seen that. I am a google girl over Bing.  I was hoping that maybe some mommies on here had some recepies/foods they had tried with success with their own kids... I appreciate the sarcasam though.

I hadn't meant to be sarcastic which is why I include a smiley. I took the question as literal. So, to answer your question, we have a juicer that we make vegetable juice with (carrots, apples, ginger, lemon etc and throw in spinach and kale (high in iron) DS will drink 2 sippy cups of it. He loves to go pick out the veggies and help make the juice too so it helps w/ veggie and vitamin needs.

• 1. Do anything fun over the long weekend?Shopped in Bellingham on Saturday, had a play date on Monday. Sunday kind of sucked, so it was nice to end the weekend on a high note.

2. Will you enroll LO in any summer classes?  What ones? NA

3. What are some good iron rich kid friendly foods? I'm just going to list all the ones I know: spinach, Lima beans, most red meats, dates

4. What are you looking forward to this week? Tomorrow is my guy's 30th birthday, and we're both taking the day off. No baby, just us!

5. Highs and lows for last week? Lows - My guy working folk life festival - I barely got to see him. E was a complete pill on Sunday, and I cried a few times. Highs - buying my new dress in Bellingham - so cute and funky. It's looks good on me too, plus it was 10% off.

https://store.textureclothing.com/1540bl.html

I have a few more curves than the model, so it gives it a lot of interest. I'm going to pair this with red brick-colored leggings for his b-day.

6. How do you get a kid to hold your hand, and at what age? My question

Married! | July 15, 2005 | It's a Girl! | January 31, 2009 | It's a Girl! | July 21, 2011
    Heavens to Murgatroyd Blog
    Unofficial Baby Names Sticky Note: New and Old| Local Bumpie Website image
  • 1. Do anything fun over the long weekend?Had people over for an indoor BBQ on sunday!  Rain sucked but the company with great!!

2. Will you enroll LO in any summer classes? Thinking about doing a pony class with Cruz in redmond

3. What are some good iron rich kid friendly foods?Cruz likes tofu with terriyaki sauce and he will also eat black beans

4. What are you looking forward to this week?less rain!

5. Highs and lows for last week?highs were definately having good friends over sunday and enjoying all the kids!  Lows Cruz just pulled his dresser over on himself but thankfully he was ok! 

6. How do you get a kid to hold your hand, and at what age? 2?  If I'm not holding Cruz he has to hold my hand around cars.  Its not an option and he can cry and carry on but its a rule we don't break

7. Questions for next week? What is your most treasured baby possession?

imageimage Brothers! image
  • 1. Do anything fun over the long weekend? We left for Montana last Thursday night and came home last night. It was an awesome family vacation and Carter did fabulous in the car.

2. Will you enroll LO in any summer classes?  What ones? I'm hoping to do the open parent and baby swim at the Des Moines pool.

3. What are some good iron rich kid friendly foods? Beans are good and so is spinach. Just eat raw fresh spinach, I won't eat it cooked and smashed like Popeye.

4. What are you looking forward to this week? H having tomorrow off, a short week, relaxing

5. Highs and lows for last week? Highs: Carter saying Baby, meeting his extended family, walking with help. Lows: Teething hell.

6. How do you get a kid to hold your hand, and at what age? n/a

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Aidan Thomas born 5/26/10

1. We visited Aidan in NICU.  Yesterday and today, I got to do the kangaroo hold.  And pumping is getting better.  One boob puts out more than the other.  And my right boob is engorged and sore--still trying to work that out.

2.  He is in NICU.  So he needs to graduate from that first.

3.  Peanut Butter and Honey Sandwich on whole wheat bread.

https://www.associatedcontent.com/article/762335/iron_rich_foods_for_children_toddlers.html?cat=5

https://www.ehow.com/about_5219050_foods-high-iron-kids.html

4.  Visiting Aidan in NICU.

5..  Natural Childbirth--Low-------That I survived and that my baby survived and he is good in NICU--High

imageimageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image BFP on 07/18/08. Miscarriage 07/30/08. BFP 3/25/09. Confirmed second miscarriage, no heartbeat, no growth beyond 7 weeks, 5/19/09. TTC again, on baby aspirin, due to value of 23 on Anticardiolipin Antibodies. BFP 11/15/09. Brown spotting, Beta 3735 11/25/09, Beta 5602 11/28/09. Anticardiolipin Antibodies now negative, still on baby asprin. On 100 mg of Prometrium (progesterone) until 10 weeks. Good heartbeat at 1st appt. 12/16/09. Started taking fish oil. Perigestational hemorrhage and red bleeding 12/17/09. 2nd Ultrasound-8 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/17/09. Baby measured 9 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/23/09. Good NT Scan on 1/8/10, heartbeat 164. EDD 7/28/10. TEAM BLUE! Aidan Thomas born on May 26, 2010. Baby #2, BFP 11/27/11, EDD 6/5/12. TEAM PINK! Noelle Elizabeth born 4/30/12. Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God.
  • 1. Do anything fun over the long weekend?

Luke had a weekend long soccer tournament, so we spent it at the fields. Monday we stayed home - we had an awesome thunder and lightening storm!

We joined a meetup play group and they have lots of activities going on this summer. I think we will be putting Luke in a soccer camp, but nothing for Ella.

Cream of Wheat! Yum!

Strawberry picking playdate on Friday.

Highs - Luke -  soccer tournament was fun! He is my favorite athlete to watch. :) Ella - She has learned how to curtsey from somewhere, and now she does it when music stops, and says "Thank you! Thank you!" I could watch her do this all night! Lows - Luke - with only 2 weeks of school left, we are holding our breath to see if he will have to do summer school. Ella - the 2 year old tantrums have started to appear.

As soon as she started walking. It's just a non-negotiable, but Ella likes to hold my hand so it isn't too much of an issue.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"