Phoenix Babies
Options

BabiesRus vs Buy Buy Baby

I am currently in the process of registering and I cannot decided where to registers. Anyone have any input about the 2 different places or even maybe a better place to register?

Re: BabiesRus vs Buy Buy Baby

• Options
    I would 100% say buybuy baby.  The store is so much more organized and clean.  The selection was WAY better as well.  Finally, what my husband and I liked the best is how helpful and knowledgeable the staff was.  We had tons of questions on strollers and they REALLY knew their stuff (especially when we were torn on picking a stroller.)  They also take coupons from bed bath and beyond and babies r us, so we were able to save a ton!
  • Options

I checked out both places and decided to go with Babies 'R Us because of the proximity to our house as well as our families' houses.  I think that the coupons are fairly similar if you get on the Babies 'R Us mailing list.   I heard at one time that at first glance it seems like Buy Buy Baby is more expensive in their clothing, but it's just that they have their different lines of clothing all mixed together verses BRU that has them separated out.

When I registered at BRU, I talked to my sister on the phone the entire time getting her opinion on what I should get/what I actually need.  I think it's always helpful to have the advice of someone who's recently had a baby to decide what you really might need or what you can live without.  Best of luck! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm all about buybuybaby. I feel like babies r us's online registry is ALWAYS messed up. I went and registered at the store and went home and checked it...EVERYTHING was registered for twice.

I just can't stand them...I am in love with Buybuybaby because they are clean, organized and have the same amount of stuff

• Options

B R U has horrible return policies that aren't consistent from store to store.  I love BBB.  It is much cleaner, and everyone is super helpful.

My DH and I spent over 2 hours trying to pick out a double stroller and the sales people were so helpful.  They take expired Bed Bath and Beyond coupons and competitor coupons.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I like Buy Buy Baby, but if you're like me and have lots of family out of state it isn't exactly the best option because they don't have many or any stores in the states my family lives. So I registered with BRU and Target.
  • Options

I ended up registering at BRU but then went to buybuybaby and I like them too.  The one major selling point of buybuybaby is they seemed to have more organic natural products that BRU - they even have a dedicated section for organic clothing, where BRU had nothing.

The sales clerks at buybuy were more helpful too - but almost too helpful. 

As far as price they are about the same, but you can find certain items cheaper at buybuy. 

All in all I think check them both out and see what you like better. 

• Options
    mlb277mlb277 member
    I registered at both places but like BBB a million times better. They are nicer, more knowledgable and have way better return policies. Babies R Us sucks with all of that. I only registered there for people out of town who wanted to go to a store.
  • Options
    We totally like BBB better too! We are registering at BRU though because there aren't any BBB where our families live. But, we will mostly shop at BBB.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • Options
    I would definitely go with BBB. I think they have a better selection, are a bit cheaper and you can use non-expired coupons from Bed Bath & Beyond there.
    William 04.12.2010
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"