Attachment Parenting
Options

BWing ideas for a 18lb sweaty baby?

Ryan weighs close to 18lbs. I'm only 5'2, and petite. He is also a very sweaty baby. I'm trying to find a solution to babywearing in hot weather with him! It feels like we're both SO overheated after we're done grocery shopping or whatever else I'm doing.

Any suggestions? I have a cotton wrap (that Ryan loves) and a mei tai. I haven't really been wearing him much lately, which makes me so sad, but I can't figure out how to do it comfortably.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: BWing ideas for a 18lb sweaty baby?

• Options

A linen ring sling would probably be great! Hip carries are good for older babies too - that's been Ari's favorite carry since he was about 6 months old. Plus it's great for quick trips, when he reaches toddler age & wants up & down a lot, etc.

If you want another wrap, Vatanai's are great for summer too. 

• Options

I also have an 18 lb sweaty baby!

Our pouch sling has been okay the last few days, but I'm eyeing some gauze wraps on Etsy.

IMG_3932
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

18 lb (almost) and sweaty also! :) (seriously- she sweats in my bed! gross!)

we have the beco and i think the extra panel makes a big difference. i agree with a pp- the hip carry is cooler also. i swing the beco around to the side or tie her in a sling with my super-cheap scarves.

• Options

when it got really hot, we switched from the pouch (on the hip or back) to a good ol' fashioned frame backpack.  it wasn't draped all over bodies and it put a little bit of space between us.

i googled frame backpacks and they all look huge and like you're preparing for extended survival training. LOL!  we did NOT use those...we used a verysimple one like this:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Thank you for the suggestions!

• Options

Honestly, summer babywearing is going to be hot - but summer is hot and sweaty in general around here, babywearing or not ;-)  I've always sweated so I guess it doesn't bother me? Kiddo has never seemed bothered either. 

I just make sure to dress in light clothing (although I do find it helps to keep a layer between us so we don't stick together).  I still use my wraps all summer (although I generally do single layer carries like a ruck tied under the bum if it's really hot) - all my wraps are on the thin side as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"