Birth Stories
Options

Med-free birth story - Lilia Rose is here!

Sunday night, May 9th ? Was up every couple of hours with occasional contractions and had dreams about being in or going into labor.

Monday May 10th ? Went to work, on and off BH contractions all day. 40 wk doc appt internal ? 2CM, 50% effaced. NST looked great. Doc said she would come ?soon?!

Tuesday May 11th @ 12:42AM ? Woke up with an uncomfortable contraction. Layed in bed for an hour or so, they were timing about 5-7 min apart. Got up to use the bathroom at 2:00AM and had (TMI) diarrhea. Knew I was in labor then. Woke up DH. He got all excited and went downstairs to tie up loose ends in his office, get the house picked up, etc. I got up, finished packing my bag, got a shower (shaved my legs!), got DS?s overnight bag packed, cleaned up our room a bit. Around 3:30AM we called my parents. At this point my contractions were about 2-3 minutes apart lasting a minute or so. Mom got to our house around 4:00. We chatted with her for a while. By 4:30AM my contractions were two minutes apart, sometimes less, and lasting more than a minute. Off to the hospital we go!

Got to the hospital around 5:00AM. Got me changed, hooked up, IV antibiotics going (I was GBS+). Checked me ? I was 6-7 CM. Yeah! I labored in bed for a bit, got up to pee, walked around the room a bit, layed back down to labor some more. Around 8:00AM I was 9CM ? doctor broke my water. By 8:45 I had just a little lip of cervix left on my left side ? so we pushed through that to 10CM. Started pushing with each contraction and Lilia Rose was born at 9:02AM (which was about 3 or 4 sets of pushes, a quick delivery!). The most painful part of the delivery was her head coming out, because the doctor made me stop pushing so he could stretch me. Which was wonderful in the long run ? I had no tears or episiotomy!!! But it was uncomfortable!

She weighed in at 8lbs 6oz and was 21 inches long. She had just a little bruising and swelling on the bridge of her nose and right under her eyes since she was born so quickly. They released us from the hospital the next day since we were both doing so well. She already had her first doctor?s appt and only lost 2oz since being born. She?s a natural BFer and a great eater. I?m feeling great ? I was just sore for the first day or so. I was home Wednesday, grocery shopping on Friday, and threw my DH a 30th birthday party on Saturday!

imageimage
Zachary Ryan - 1/13/08 - 6lbs 15oz, 20.5 inches
Lilia Rose - 5/11/10 - 8lbs 6oz, 21 inches
imageimage

Re: Med-free birth story - Lilia Rose is here!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"