TTC After a Loss 6 Months+
Options

Followup appt update (long)

I had a really good followup appointment yesterday.  Its funny, cause I actually predicted my OB's answers to all my questions (probably a sign I've gotten to know him way too well).  Enough so that DH told me next time I needed to write my answers to the questions by them and just hand it to him and let him make sure they were right.  LOL

Anyways, here's the update:

What he found: My endometerosis is a mild case...at least right now.  He said there was a lot of it on my left side, specifically under my ovary and on my tube.  He removed all of that.  He showed me the picture of my right tube, which does have a few splotches on it, but it is not a severe case of it.  He agreed with us that this made the HSG results make more sense.  The dye was slow to flow through my left tube, so we thought it may have had some blockage.  he said more than likely it was kinked and that is what caused the ectopic.  So removing it was the best choice.  He said the pregnancy in my tube was rather large anyways, he was surprised it hadn't ruptured by its size.

Also on my right tube he found this "bubble" of fluid.  He thought that it was probably something I was born with (that it formed when I was just an embryo)....but he was going to go back and look at the pathology report to confirm that it wasn't dye from the HSG.  If it was dye, then it would say I have a hole in my tube, which could be a problem.  So jury is still out on that one.

TTC again: 2 months until ttc again.  He gave us the option of going to IVF....but DH and I had already decided we wanted to give IUI another shot.  Sounds like my OB only wants to do a couple more cycles of IUI, but he is all for trying.  After that, we may need IVF.  Same protocol as before, Clomid + Trigger + IUI. 

I asked him if 2 months was supposed to be two cycle...and he laughed and said "ideally".  He said ideally he would put me back onto BCP for 2 months.....if I was ok with it.  I told him I was all for it, that it would help keep my PCOS and endo in check for the next two months so I'd be better prepared for the IUI.  So he gave me 3 sample packs of Yaz.  I was happy with all of this.

I asked him if he needed to check my hcg...and he said normally he doesn't, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to know we started at 0.  So I had a blood draw yesterday, so should know my beta's soon.

Future pregnancies: We are at an increased risk for ectopic.....so we're going to monitor my hcg levels until they reach 1,600.  At that point, we'll do an u/s and make sure its in-uterine.  If it is another ectopic, he said if I met the criteria, he would do the mexthordox (spelling?)...but in all honesty, he would want to remove the right tube at that point anyways to prevent further problems.  If I have another ectopic, I will be doing IVF....no choice in the matter.  So I got him to confirm the exact monitoring I was asking for.

So now I'm waiting till late July to be ttc again.  I feel really good about the plan.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Followup appt update (long)

• Options
    babes12babes12 member

sounds like you had a pretty good appt. and got some answers.  and glad you have a plan in place for that next time you get pg. 

i hope to be joining you in july/aug. TTC. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 8.15.07 NATHAN 6.13.09 - 6.14.09 WYATT born 32w3d Gone too soon, RIP. 4.21.10 BFP - missed m/c - D&C on 5.27.10. 1.31.11 BFP - 1st cycle IUI + Follistim + Trigger (2 mature follies)Beta 1 @ 13dpiui: 199 Beta 2 @ 15dpiui: 527 10.7.11 ELIANA(Ellie)ROSE (39w3d)Team Green turned Team Pink - VBAC & ALL NATURAL 6lbs 11oz 19 &1/2in
  • Options
    Glad you had such a good appointment and that you're armed with plenty of info and a plan. Hope July gets here soon!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This all sounds really good and I'm glad you're in what sounds like really capable hands.  Sounds like a couple of months on BC might actually put you in a better place to start again with the IUIs.  Good luck and I hope this waiting time passes very quickly.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    4 early losses 2009, 2010, 2015.  Baby #1 born 2/13/11.  
  • Options
    imagebabes12:

i hope to be joining you in july/aug. TTC. 

Yeah, I saw that too.  Our luck has gotta turn this time around!

• Options
    Im glad that you had such a great and informative appointment.....it's great that he was able to give you some sort of explanation for why this happend... doesn't make it any better but it's good to know the facts......Im glad that you stuck to your guns with trying a couple more IUIs prior to jumping to IVF.........it seems once you have an ectopic that they push the IVF.......Im glad he's willing respect your plan.......I will be rooting for you in July.
  • Options
    I'm glad the appt went well for you and you are comfortable with the plans.  I hope the next IUI is all you need!
  • Options
    Sounds like your doctor is really on top of things and has a great plan for you.  I am so glad your appointment went well.  I hope you're healing well, both physically and emotionally.  Best of luck to you on the next IUI round!

Missed m/c 11.09 | Missed m/c 3.10 | We miss you & love you so.
    ~ ~ ~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Formerly toddandjulie
  • Options

I'm glad that you feel good about your appt with OB!

I hope your plan for IUI works out and you are KU in July! Big Smile

• Options
    This sounds like a thorough appointment and I am so glad you, DH and doc are on the same page. Great plan!
    m/c#1 07/16/08 (11 weeks), m/c#2 10/10/08 (8 weeks). and then nothing since except every test possible (no answers). IUI#1 and #2: BFNs Super lucky to be buddies with Peetie. Our out of nowhere, surprise DD born 5/29/2011
  • Options
    I'm glad you got some answers and a plan.
    imageimage
    Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle!
    April 2011 CP @ 5 weeks
  • Options
    Sounds like a great plan.  I'm glad your doctor is so involved with you guys.  I hope the next two months fly by so you can get your sticky baby soon!
    ***** TTCAL/Forever Buddy to Cour10e******
    -m/c at 11w2d due to partial molar 2008 -m/c #2 2009
    Beautiful daughter born February 2011
    **Ultimate TTCALer 2009**

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am really glad to hear you have a plan in place!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    This sounds like a great plan and I wish you the best of luck.  
  • Options
    I am so glad you have some answers and a plan! July will be here before you know it. hugs.
  • Options
    Sounds like you have everything set. GL, and I can't wait for you to be movin on up again.
  • Options
    It's great that you and your doc seem to be on the same page.  Best of luck to you!
  • Options
    kew243kew243 member
    Sounds like a great appointment and a great doctor.  I'm glad that you have such a laid out plan.  I would bet it takes some of the edge off.  Hope your two months go quickly!
  • Options

I'm so happy that you & your OB have a plan that you are happy with.

• Options

That sounds like a great appointment, and a great plan.

:::hugs:::

• Options
    This is late, but I wanted to say I'm so glad you're okay with the plan.  It sounds like a good one.  (((hugs)))
  • Options
    Sounds like a good appt and a great plan.

Jenn

image 3 IUI's all BFN

IVF#1 BFN IVF#2 BFP, loss at 19 weeks FET#1 BFN IVF#3 BFP, m/c FET#2 BFN

Missing our twins Zachary and Madison, lost at 19 weeks on 11/13/09, edd 4/9/10

BFP 7/17/10, m/c 7/25/10, edd 3/25/11

Ectopic, lost left tube 4/20/11, edd 12/6/11

my blog

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"