Health & Exercise

30 DS Challenge

So who's in with me? I just got my dvd in the mail and I've decided I'm going to give this a try for the next 30 days. 20 minutes a day for 30 days is not much to ask.

?

Here is the challenge:

Everyone involved does the workout every day, starting June 1 and ending June 30. Workouts can be whatever time of day you like, and can be the only thing you do that day or can be in addition to your normal routine.

I figure cheat days are bound to happen for some. If at all possible - DON'T. Try to keep it down to, say, no more than 1 time per week. And if you do miss a day or two 'fess up at the weekly check-in so we know how complete your 30 days really were.

Check in at least once a week to report their progress. (This can be in the form of weight and/or measurement stats, complaints about how bad you're hurting, comments of encouragement and how much you're loving the workout, discussion on how annoying the music is, etc.)

We'll report in on June 30 with how it's gone for you and how much weight you lost. Any advice for people just starting out with the video? Anything you found particularly challenging? Any tips or tricks for fitting it into your schedule? Put it all here.

At the end of it all we'll all be a little thinner, a little lighter, and hopefully fantastically shredded! I have my doubts that we'll actually lose 20lbs in the 30 days as she claims, but I'm curious to find out.Any takers!?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: 30 DS Challenge

• I wish I could do this, but I'm already a week in to it!  I tried Level 2 for the first time last night. It kicked my butt. GOOD LUCK!!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I would love to do it! Maybe this would be some motivation to stick with it! When do we start? We could put up on starting weight and measurements and go from there .
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • I just got mine in the mail last night too.  I usually just lurk over here, but if you'll have me, I'd like to join in.
  • I'm also a lurker, but I bought my dvd when I was around 5 months and haven't started it yet. I'd love to join!
  • I'm in!!  I did it last fall and lost 18 lbs (15 of which I kept off).  At the time I had a total weight lost goal of about 45 lbs, so it was a great jump start.  Now I am looking to lose the last 10 lbs.  I am on WW online as well, and lost 10 lbs in 4 weeks.  I am starting to plateau, so hopefully this will get things going again,
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would love to join you ladies!!  I was going to start this weekend, but can certainly hold off a few days, and pig out on all my favorite foods till then!!!  I just had a baby last month and the weight came off in a matter of weeks, I had gestational diabetes so I was on a diet for the last 12 weeks of my pregnancy so I know that is why the weight came off so fast, so I am now about 10 pounds less than I was before I got pregnant last year- so this was a big motivator for me to keep it up!  Plus my mom has diabetes and I have a 50% chance of getting it now since I had it during pregnancy and it runs in the family so I need to start a work out program and watching what I eat a little better than I have in the past.  Can't wait to start!!
  • sorry for the stupid question, but what dvd will you guys be doing? I would love to get in on this...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagekimberlyd546:
    sorry for the stupid question, but what dvd will you guys be doing? I would love to get in on this...

It's Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred.  I got mine at Target for about 14 bucks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm a major lurker but I'd love to join you ladies!!  I've been doing WW since the first of the year and am down about 30lbs, but still would like to lose another 25 and this would be perfect motivation!  I bought the DVD months ago, so I guess it's about time I take it out of the package...Embarrassed
  • I'm in! I need some motivation. I had started it a while back after I had DS but fell off the bandwagon. June 1st will give me enough time to mentally prepare. :)
  • I lurk here constantly but would love to join you ladies.  I had my DD last month and have not been super motivated as of yet to get active again - this should help!!  Look forward to June 1 with you ladies!
  • I'm in!  I started today though, but I won't be able to go past the 25th of June-so more or less the same amount of time. I'm going out of town then and don't want to do the video.  I have 6-8 pounds to lose left but would be happy with 5 to be honest.  
  • I mostly lurk as well but need some motivation to get rid of my post partum jiggle.  Thank you to the OP.
  • I'm in!  I needed the motivation to "re-start" the shred...I did it for 22 days a few months ago with results but then I became sick with a cold and I stopped.

I will do it tonight after my DH leaves for work and the baby is asleep. 

I am 170 lb and 5'6.  My goal weight is 130.  I used to be a size 4-6 and I want to be a size 8.  Right now I wear a 12-13. 

I really need to lose at least 30 lb in the next 4 months before we TTC #2.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"