Two Under 2

breasfeeding & 2u2

We are hoping for 2u2 but I am breastfeeding now and am curious to know:

Were you breastfeeding when you got you pg with #2?

How long until your period returned after your 1st LO?

Did you quit BF'ing to try for #2?

TIA!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: breasfeeding & 2u2

• I EBF DD#1 for 6 months, then started to wean her and got PG when she was 9 months old.

I EBF DD#2 and got PG with DS when she was 10 months old.

I got my period back at 6.5 months PP both times.......

image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • Were you breastfeeding when you got you pg with #2? Yes.

How long until your period returned after your 1st LO? I think it was about 8 weeks, and then was very irregular 4-5 cycles and regulated to the 28-day cycle.

Did you quit BF'ing to try for #2? No. We weren't really "trying" but we weren't preventing.

I am still BFing DD now also, and plan to as long as I can up to around when she turns 1. 

• Loading the player...
  • Were you breastfeeding when you got you pg with #2?  Yes

How long until your period returned after your 1st LO? My period never returned.  I got pg on the first cycle I ovulated while bf'ing

Did you quit BF'ing to try for #2?  I had started the weaning process.  We were down to nursing 2x a day when I got pg. 

imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Were you breastfeeding when you got you pg with #2? Yes I was

How long until your period returned after your 1st LO? 5mo

Did you quit BF'ing to try for #2? Nope.  I was able to BF DD for 11mo, and I got pregnant with #2 when she was 8mo old.  We weren't trying- but we also were not actively preventing.   

___________________________________________________________________ Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• I weaned around 7 months to TTC #2.

Got crazy lucky the first egg outta the chute.

I was not ovulating until I weaned.

GL! 

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
  • Were you breastfeeding when you got you pg with #2? Yes. He was 7 months old when I got pregnant and was able to BF him until he was 11 months. My supply tanked after that.How long until your period returned after your 1st LO? I was on the mini pill after he was born until we decided to TTC. Once I stopped the pill, my period came back the first cycle and the next month we got pregnant.Did you quit BF'ing to try for #2?  Nope. Didn't quit until my supply tanked.
  • Yes. We also just weaned so my supply stayed for 18 weeks!

I only had one period in which I got pg.  

Nope 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • AC_DCAC_DC member

My period returned 8 weeks after I deliverd dd.  It was irregular until she was about 6 months.  She's almost 11 months now and we are 5 weeks PG and I'm planning on BFing dd for another month atleast. 

• flgatorflgator member

Were you breastfeeding when you got you pg with #2? I stopped a couple of weeks before.

How long until your period returned after your 1st LO? I got one at 6.5 months and then not again until 9.5 months. Then it came back for good.

Did you quit BF'ing to try for #2? Kind of.  I was ready to stop at 14 months (I was down to once a day then and I wanted to BF for at least a year), and we wanted to try for another.  I didn't know how long it would take, but I was ready to stop anyway.  I got pregnant the first month.

• Were you breastfeeding when you got you pg with #2?    Yes.

How long until your period returned after your 1st LO?  8 months.  I had one very light AF and got PG immediately 

Did you quit BF'ing to try for #2?  No.  I still nursed and/or pumped 6 times a day.  I was able to continue nursing DD until she was 11 months old, but by then the pregnancy had almost completely dried up my milk.

• I was still BF'ing #1, but I was down to 2 sessions a day (I got pregnant when DD was 1)

My period returned 7 months pp.

I didn't quit to TTC.

Good luck!

• I got PG with #2, 8 months after DS was born. I EBF and I had my first pp period at 4 months, didn't have another one for 2 months and got PG the next month.
  • I got pg pretty much the second I stopped BF'ing (I wasn't on any other form of BC).

I BF #1 until 6 months, got pg the next cycle.

I BF #2 until 15 months, but tried to wean him around 12-13 months.  That's when I got pg with #3.

I really was hoping to bring up the subject of #3 with DH, but didn't think I would get pg while nursing.  I started to wean, thinking that once #2 was done we could discuss it. 

With both boys, I got my period back around 6-8 weeks. That whole "no period while BF'ing" thing doesn't apply to me.

• I BF DD1 for 9 months.

Got AF back a full month after completely weaning, so at 10 months pp.

Had 2 cycles and got PG. So I didn't quit BF to try for #2 but I also didn't get AF back before completely stopping BF... so had I not stopped at 9 months, I probably would have soon after (by 1 yr) in order to TTC since we wanted them around 2 years apart.

CP 3/07
    BFP 5/07 - Kylie born 2/08.       BPF 2/09 - Alexandra born 10/09.
    TTC since 8/13 - diagnosed difficulty conceiving due to LP defect. Took vitamin B and Vitex Berry to help lengthen.
    BFP 2/14 - Missed M/C found at 8.5 weeks. D&C at 9w2d. Partial Molar Pregnancy.
    BFP 11/14
  • I breastfed DD until 14 months and had 2 periods once I stopped before getting pregnant again on our first try with DS. My period returned pretty immediately once I completely weaned from bfing. I had planned to BF DD for 1 yr...she needed a couple extra months and I was fine with that but hadn't planned to keep going longer really so didn't stop to try for #2...timing just worked out well. and no, was not bf'ing when I got pregnant with DS because I did not even have a cycle happening until I stopped completely.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"