Breastfeeding

why does BFing always end in tears??

DD has always been a great nurser but lately she gets super frustrated. She gets mad in the beginning before my milk lets down, then she gets mad when the flow slows down. Even when she finishes the 2nd side, she is still so angry. Once I sit her up she is usually fine though. 

Do you think this is a supply issue or just a phase? FWIW, I don't pump and she has never taken a bottle. Ever. WDYT??  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: why does BFing always end in tears??

• ibisibis member
    Since she's fine after you finish nursing, it sounds like just a personality thing or a phase. My son went through a phase of very fussy nursing a little earlier and it was so stressful to have him squirming and crying and kicking at the breast - but then it passed.
  • imageibis:
    Since she's fine after you finish nursing, it sounds like just a personality thing or a phase. My son went through a phase of very fussy nursing a little earlier and it was so stressful to have him squirming and crying and kicking at the breast - but then it passed.

I hope it's just a phase! I notice it's worse when she's tired too. 

Hopefully it passes soon. My nipples are tired if being tugged on! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • my daughter started to do this a few weeks ago.  I would give her a few minutes to calm down and then relatch.  She has now gotten past that stage for the most part.  Good Luck and hope things get better.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"