Hawaii Babies
Options

night 2 w/out swaddle was a success

we always swaddled Jack at night to keep him from waking himself with flailing arms.  about a month ago I left his arms out since he woke up with them out quite often anyways. it was a fail b/c he woke up every 2 hours crying to the point where I had to soothe him before feeding.  I went back to swaddling.

his  size M A+A sleepsack finally fits him so I tried it again and 2 nights in a row he has been in that instead of a swaddle and still sttn. yay. not to mention he looks pretty cute in it too :)

Re: night 2 w/out swaddle was a success

• Options
    Yay! I'm glad that it's going well and that he sleeps through the night! :)
  • Options
    inamrainamra member
    Yay =) I'm glad that's working out and he's sttn now!
    Sept 2008 Wedding | May 2010 & Mar 2012 Babies
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    that's great! i remember being so nervous about going w/o one cold turkey but she did great. she sleeps a lot better now on her tummy. i always put her down on her back but the minute she hits the mattress she rolls over!
  • Options
    Yay! I hope Ryan will get to that point soon. That boy will not fall asleep EVER unless he is swaddled, even in the car. I've resorted to taking his swaddle thing with us when we go out so I can get him to sleep and he won't scream. Any pointers you can give?
  • Options

imagemrspresley:
    that's great! i remember being so nervous about going w/o one cold turkey but she did great. she sleeps a lot better now on her tummy. i always put her down on her back but the minute she hits the mattress she rolls over!

i wish Jack would become more proficient at rolling from tummy to back.  He still screams his head off when he realizes he is "stuck" on his belly.  He doesn't do this in his sleep that often anymore (he use to do it ALL THE TIME during naps - which is another reason I kept swaddling at night) but he does get to his side and then starts somehow rotating to the point that he ends up sideways in his co sleeper.  Since he is next to me I can hear him grunting as he moves so I can make sure he doesn't flip to his tummy and wake up.

• Options

imagejaysgirljulie:
    Yay! I hope Ryan will get to that point soon. That boy will not fall asleep EVER unless he is swaddled, even in the car. I've resorted to taking his swaddle thing with us when we go out so I can get him to sleep and he won't scream. Any pointers you can give?

I don't have any tips, we rarely swaddled J during naps so I don't think he was that dependent on it - but it did keep him sleeping at night.  When I tried the sleepsack a few nights ago I figured if it was a fail we would just go back to swaddling and then try it again in a few weeks.

I have read that many parents start with unswaddling for naps, or unwrapping after they fall asleep, or swaddling with one arm out.  There are all sorts of theories for an easy transition.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"